? asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

really weird thing when i sleep!?!?!!?

When I sleep, or even doze off for a while, I start getting these weird dreams. I'm not really seeing anything, I just start reciting passages from any recent book I've read - not out loud - just in my head. I recite the paragraphs from the novels word for word, and I see the commas and full stops. it scares the **** out of me. Does this happen to anybody else? I'm not going crazy, right?

Favorite Answer

Sometimes when I watch scary movies, I have a scary dream, you just need to take a break from those novels, and start doing something Else, maybe when you wake up start watching tv, maybe something boring and you'll fall fast asleep. Get out and do some outdoor activities, or get into something you may want to try, sound like you read to much. Sweet Dreams:)

Well, the craziest dreams I ever get are the ones that happen in the transient sleep states (like half asleep, half awake). I'll be doing crazy stuff and then die in the dream...somehow....but then when I wake up I slam into my bed really hard like I'm actually reacting to what happened.

No you are not going crazy. Occasionally you can have hallucinations when you are in between sleep and it is very common. I used to see black & white squares buzzing about, but once I understood that it is a common thing it didn't bother me anymore.

You are not crazy. Many people talk in their sleep and they have no control about what they are dreaming about or saying. It's perfectly normal.

Source(s): ER RN x 40 yrs