How much horsepower do turbos ad?

Its for a 2008 Dodge Avenger, SE. my car looks great but is really weak in the power department.(2.4l)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • duzan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

CAI's are a waste of money. you're able to get one greater 2 HP at 6000rpm. that's uncommon that your engine will attain that speed even on a demanding acceleration. Your inventory air intake will supply each and every of the air your engine can suck in, and an o.e.m kit would somewhat charm to greater warm air than the inventory equipment. An exhaust like a FlowMaster gets you approximately 4-7 HP, this is all... even though it is going to sound better. Do a robust song up. Fancy spark plugs are a waste of money too. save the engine sparkling and tuned and it will serve you nicely. in case you have $5000.00 to throw into your motor vehicle, then a Supercharger is what you pick. in case you at the instant are not a Stellar Driveway mechanic, the upload yet another $2000.00 to get somebody to place in it. If I had 7 or 8 grand to place right into a 9 year previous motor vehicle, i'd be watching getting a greater recent motor vehicle.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Always depends on supporting mods and size of turbo.

• 1 decade ago

it depends on the turbo and the car, but it adds a significant amount if done right

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

xtra 40 - 80 hp

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.