What was Hitlers view on Gays?

I saw a pic of him standing next a huge Statue of 2 naked men holding hands... was he okay with gays?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Usually, from over his shoulder, I'm guessing...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He hated gays he had the same policy he had with the jews for them. It's probably a statue of aryn race being superior or greek statues out side the olympic stadium. The Nazis where obsessed with architecture and culture similar to that of the accent Greeks and Romans. Just look at the hand signals the same for Cesar and the Imperial Eagle.

• 1 decade ago

Hitler sent homosexuals to his concentration camps to be worked to death or gassed. Jews, gays, Gypsies, mentally retarded and mentally ill people, cripples, Jehovah's Witnesses, religious fanatics, priests and nuns who hid Jews, and anyone else who helped or hid Jews were sent to the camps; an estimated total of 11 million were murdered (including the 6 million Jews).

The naked statuary was just his (and his architect Albert Speer's) idea of promoting the "perfect Aryan male." And you might want to think of context here, as to why those men were holding hands, since that is a universal symbol of solidarity.

• Ray G
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There was a lovely little event Hitler staged called the "Night of Long Knives" in which he had the SS take out the leadership and most soldiers of the Storm Troopers (commonly called Brownshirts). This was done because their leader was gay.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hitler hated homosexuals. A few months ago I actually went to a whole little set-up about all of the torture that he put them through. (Like everyone else, obviously.)

• RaTz
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Where are people getting he hated Catholics/Christians? He WAS a Catholic. There are many pictures of him attending mass and shaking hands with the Pope!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

His goal was an Aryan nation. His method was eugenics. This was not just limited to gays. Hitler sought to re-invent the human race, according to his own opinions. And he never renounced his Catholic faith.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler%27s_reli...

• Lv 4
    1 decade ago

He didn't only hate/kill the Jews he also hated/killed homosexuals,Muslims, Catholics,the handicapped,gypsies,Jehovah's Witness,liberals,communists,etc. Basically everyone besides Atheists. He was insane!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Kill..Kill..Kill...and destroy. Exterminate the weak! (weak = meant people not their race, skin color...e.g. Jews, etc.) ..Anything weak wuz bad for the NAZIs, unless of course they'd worship and hail the NAZI rule...then maybe their life would've been spared.

Source(s): just my thought after studying history and the anti-christ persona:)
  • 1 decade ago

Hitler was no fan of homosexuals, or blacks, or the disabled, or Jews, or Catholics, or well you get the idea.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.