alyssa asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

concealing under eye circles?

what are the best products and or techniques to conceal dark under eye circles

Favorite Answer

Unfortunately the best ones are the most expensive - YSL Touche Eclat, Clinique concealer..etc etc

Your best bet for a cheaper alternative is a Natural Collection 3-in-1 concealer (for spots, redness, and under-eye shadows) or any concealer brighter/lighter than your skin tone :)

A liquid based one is good for dark circles - apply on your hand and pat on (don't rub it in!) under your eye with your ring finger until it's evenly applied. That gives you better coverage than rubbing :)

You can also distract/reflect away from your shadows n' bags with highligher on your cheek and brow bones.

Good luck !

First, try moisturizer in the morning and before you go to bed to help your dry skin. I like Clean and Clear but whatever works best for you, go with it. Potato slices are said to reduce the appearance of dark circles. Just put a chilled slice on each eye and leave for around 15-20 minutes. Cucumber slices and tea bags might also work. Also, consider getting more sleep. When it comes to concealing them use a concealer that's about a shade lighter than your skin. I find the best way to do this is to pat it on with your middle or ring finger. If you're using a stick concealer apply it under your eye and pat to blend it in without smudging it off. For a liquid concealer put around 5 dots under your eye (or however many dots you need to completely cover them) and lightly pat to blend. You might want to form a triangle with the concealer, starting from the inner corner of your eye and going to the bottom corner of your nose and back yo the outer corner of your eye. Hope this helps!

• Jackie

The best thing to use is concealer. If you're trying to cover dark circles, it should be yellow or have yellow undertones in it, because the yellow cancels out the purple of the dark circles. Just dab some under your eyes and blend it with your fingers and a sponge. If you're looking for something affordable that works, I recommend Cover Girl TruConceal. :)

OK there's a handy little tip. First, take some orange cream blusher or lipgloss and rub it under your eye on the dark patches. It sounds weird but the orange cancels out the blue. Then take some concealer and rub it on the circles, then finish off with powder.

It really works :)

Source(s): Some youtube video

I use physicians formula under eye circle concealer. It's pretty nice, but if you have bad under eye circles, then it wouldn't conceal them very well.

It's better to get a concealer with like a yellow/bluey tint to it, but matches your skin tone, because the yellow/blue tint kind of makes the circles less noticeable and dark.

i use Avon products and they are just as good as all the expensive makes! But i have found there is this concealer pen which you just dab under your eyes and run in and then if the dark circles are really bad put some powder foundation on!!

Try Maybelline's Dream Matte Moose. I don't use it but my friends use it and they said it works. I don't really get dark circles but I use Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage. My mom uses her Secret Concealer. That is specifically sensitive skin around the eyes. You can use it for your dark circles. I like the Secret Camouflage because there are 2 shades so I can blend them. They are pricey but they work.

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P109931...

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P109935...

You should also get plenty of sleep, at least 8 hours a night. Drinking a lot water helps too. Hope this helps.

Source(s): make-up artist and user of products
  • Wavey

Find a concealer 1 shade lighter than your skin tone. I use Mineral Power by Maybelline NY. I'm normally "Light Ivory 2-3" but for concealer, i get "lightest Ivory 1-2". After you put that on, put a loose powder over it that is your normal skin tone.

I love Maybelline Concealer!! http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8FcdBQs8MOk/SPONwNNj-0I/...

It works amazinnngggg (:

i tried all kinds of concealers, but thats a good cheap/drugstore one.

What you do is you put some concealing stuff (lol) under your eye, and get a concealing brush. Where you can get a good one at CVS, or any makeup place. And you just use the brush to blend it under your eyes, and your results are flawless :D .

hope this helps, Gooood luck!

Source(s): my experience

Get the garnier fructisse anti-puff eye roller. Use that twice a day, then get a stick of concealer...dab, then apply makeup like normal :)