I received a defected item on ebay, but still want to keep it (since seller doesn't allow returns)?

Can I get some sort of compensation. It came missing a crystal (it's an earring). The description said "NEW" and also didn't mention missing a crystal. Seller doesn't accept returns. I contacted the seller, and am wondering if sellers give compensation or should I just leave Negative Feedback? I still like the item and wish to keep it.

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Hi, I would certainly try for compo, if this is unsuccessful than say to them i will leave a negative feed back on your site, and believe you me that's the last thing he wants, Good Luck johnsvolt.

    Source(s): eBay user.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    you can try ebay's resolution center. In the Help dropdown menu in far upper right corner of web page.Under solve a problem is a reason: I received an item that does not match the seller's description.

    Or if you paid by PAypal you can open a dispute there.

    Not sure if you could resolve this because seller does not accept returns. But you say it was not as described so you have a 50-50 chance. so give a try and good luck

  • 4 years ago

    this is why i do no longer do bids from China. Too many horror thoughts. Like dvd's are continually bootlegs, or silver seems to be lead painted in silver colour. As a try I as quickly as took a bid from Singapore for a bronze statue and agreed to deliver funds. the guy mailed me the statue. trouble-free guy.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    open a dispute with paypal

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.