Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

speeding up metabolism?!?!?!?!?

what is a healthy and natural way to speed up my metabolism i am starting to do tae bo three times a week

i am 16, 5'10 and weigh 216 and i need to lose quite a bit of weight but i dont even eat that much junk food but anyway how can i speed up my metabolism

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago

Have you thought of fasting intermittently? Fasting speeds up your metabolism! While you're not eating your body kicks in and burns lots of fat in a short period of time. Your muscles get used and you tone up.

Try fasting one day a week. You'll be surprised how easy it is once you decide to give it a go.

It might sound silly, but you actually function better when you are not eating. You think more clearly and you have more energy. Exercise is easier as well.

You could start by pushing your breakfast back to lunchtime. Then next time you do it maker it later, then later.....until you've reached your goal time and you can eat again!

The thing I like about it is that I can still eat normally the rest of the week. And it’s amazing how much better a decent meal tastes when you haven’t eaten all day!

Read some interesting stories and great hints by people who found short fasting an easy way to lose weight here ....................... http://tinyurl.com/mx4bw8

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. More frequent meals of less proportion

2. Don't leave large periods of time between each mea

3. some exercise into your daily life is an excellent way to boost your metabolism

4. Eat more foods which are rich in fiber

5. Drinking 3 pints of water a day will reduce the amount of toxins in your body

Check out for more info on how to lose weight here:

http://www.fastdiet-123.com/5-ways-to-increase-met...

• 1 decade ago

Build a lot of lean muscle mass, drink plenty of (cold) water, eat 5-6 small meals a day, eat thyroid stimulating foods (seafood and fish, avocadoes, bananas, coconut oil), avoid foods that inhibit the thyroid (especially avoid soy), running or swimming, get enough sleep

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Lemon juice speeds up your metabolism and that helps with weight loss.

Source(s): Web search for "lemon juice" + "weight loss"
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

eat really small meals about 5 or 6 times a day, drink teas, and plenty of water.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.