Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

How can I talk my mom into letting me get snakebites (lip piercings.)?

She thinks they symbolize lesbians that want to have better sexual interations rather than a teenage girl trying to express her individuality.

I have wanted them for a few years now because I think they are really neat.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/slanskey2/sna...

How can I explain this to her?

I want them for my 15th birthday.

I'm a straight-A 4.0 freshman in all honors classes.

Favorite Answer

When my brother got his lip pierced, my parents let him as long as he didn't wear it around them.

When he was home, he put in a clear retainer so the hole didn't close up and you couldn't even really tell that he had them.

Do some research about them; show her that you can handle the responsibility and that you know how to stop them from getting infected. That's how I convinced my mom to let me gauge my ears..

Good luck! (:

Honestly im not saying bad asses should get them but it would look weird on a person with a 4.0 in grade cause people would look at you like what the hell are you changing yourself or something i think a nose piercing might be best but thats just my opinion so😁

I don't really see how having snake bites suggests one to be a lesbian...but if I were in your situation and I so desperately wanted them, I'd sit my mom down and explain to her why I wanted them so badly and that they're much more accepted nowadays with the newer generations arising.

Or just threaten that you're going to self pierce them and get a gnarly infection, that might sway her into letting you get them done safely. (JUST kidding!)

xo

Source(s): My mom also hates my piercings.

I have the same problem. Do some research and ask for your birthday and explain what they are and that if/when you want you can take them out and you'll only wear them when she says okay after they are in for the mandatory time.

just keep on begging and begging and begging and begging until she cracks

emo

lip piercings are slutty. which is why theyre atractive

**2points**