Is The EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS Video Card good for gaming?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I still have my 8800GTS and it plays any game maximum settings... 8800 series is not considered mid ranged yet it's still high end i'll tell you that for sure. So yeah.. you honestly dont really need to spend over 300 bucks on a card when you can get one of these.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ofcourse it is......8800 Gts was the best card of the year 2007 or 2008......this card is better than the 9600 and even the 9800........but i would recommend you to get the GTX series.....thy are much better for gaming ........crysis,call of duty 4,assassins creed works like a dream on this GRaphic Card

Source(s): Gaming and Hardware Expert
  • 1 decade ago

See it might be good for gaming but if you opt for the best and are a hardcore gamer save some moolah for NVIDIA GTX 280 1GB

all next-gen games will run on your rig max resolution smoothly

and you dont have to worry about upgrading...for a loooooooong time

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes it's fine for gaming, just make sure you have enough onboard memory because the card uses it's own memory plus a lump of the on-board so 3-4gb is really necessary otherwise you can end up with quite a bit of stutter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its a grate card, but out dated and overpriced. You can get a 9800gtx+ for around 100 and its better than the 8800gts

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it's a great gaming card...the 8800GTX is better. Either one will be good for games currently on the market...and will most likely support games for years to come.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's pretty good. I'd classify it as "midrange"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.