Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

A very very tricky sensitive situation. . .?

So there is this one girl shes a bit younger and i really fell for her hard and like right when we fell for eachother she had to move away and shes been gone now for like 4 months now but in that amount of time we were talking to eachother religiously.

Shes a really sweet girl and we both really care for eachother a lot but were starting to talk a little less and i have no idea when ill ever get to see her again. meanwhile im bugging out with depression and feeling extremely alone and lost.

Now out of nowhere comes this other girl who is really super cool and we get along so well. plus shes closer to my age and she lives close to me and everything. And like with the first girl thats def. a person im never going to be able to not care about but i think you all are starting to see the situation. . . .i think im going to roll with this new girl but what should i do if i dont want to hurt the others feelings just not mention it? or what or should i feel bad? im super confused.

Favorite Answer

"if you love em let em go and if it's meant to be they'll come back" it's silly and old but its true. just let the 1st one go and be friends and if you all are meant to be together then she will come back. especially if you can not see her or talk to her. this other girl maybe the one for you and if you do not at least give it a chance then you will never know. if the first one cares about you like you do for her then she'll understand and will want someone to love you the way she does. as long as your happy i bet she'd be happy too.

Okay I'm a girl so I'll give my opinion. She will understand bc yall never see each other. Tell her the long distance thing isn't working for you bc you liked her so much that you want to spend all your time with her but that can't happen. Tell her she's a great girl and you want to stay friends with her bc she was a big part of your life and you care about her. Be honest tell her you don't want to hurt her but putting yourself through all this is just too much. I would leave the part about the other girl out for now bc that would hurt her even though she's probably met someone else too. Just mention the new girl later on if yall stay in touch. Be very sweet, everything will be just fine. Good luck.

Source(s): No source

Haha. Very tricky indeed.

Being told to follow your heart does little to help when your heart is telling you to do two different things.

First off, the worst thing you could possibly do would be to not tell the other girl, the one that moved away, about the new girl. In the event that you don't tell her and she comes to visit, she would likely feel betrayed and hurt that you never told her that you moved on. If you're afraid of hurting her feelings, don't be. As I said before, she'll likely be more hurt that you didn't tell her. And you never know, maybe she's slowed up on calling you because of the same problem.

If this new girl has really stolen your heart, then go with it.

Well you and the 1st girl don't talk much any more and havent seen each other...Yeah I think you should atleast start talking to other people especially if you are starting to like girl #2. It won't hurt. You might get over the first girl, and move on.

I think you should talk with the other younger girl and see how she feels at the moment, and where you guys want that relationship to go. This other girl is filling that empty whole that the other left behind(:

if you have stronger feelings for the new girl go with her, but if you still have romantic feelings for the old one its not fair on the new girls if you go for her and your not 100% involved in whats going on with her. if you decide to go for the new girl then just let it slip into conversation with the old one. dont make a big deal about it, cause if u make it out to be a big deal then it will be. she moved away. thats it. thats not your fault she honeslty cant expect you to be strung on her forever when nothing can happen?! good luck!

i think the other girl will understand. If you two live far away she should get that you might find someone else, and so could she. I think telling her is up to you. And of course you shouldnt feel bad.

Well this always happence when ppl move away. Yall will eventally just stop tlking to each other completely. I would start tlkin to that other girl.

• keekee

dont say anything for a while, unless u develop stronger feelings for the new girl. but dont tell her about the new girl. just say that the distance isnt working out and you took it peronally that shes not contacting you as much.

dont feel bad. great relationships are ruined due to long distances. in honesty LDR's dont work. get with this new girl. but you can still be friends with the origional girl.