? asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

Aprox how much would it cost for sleeves and a full chest piece by a skilled tattooist?

I am interested in getting both my arms sleeved and a chest piece done. I would like this done in full colour and by a very talented artist. I am wondering what it would cost (Approximately) to have this done. I am willing to spend up to 5 thousand dollers on this. Would this be enough for beuatiful sleeves and a chest piece?

i would also like to ask how long it would take? I live in Ottawa, Canada, and The tattoo shops here are not the greatest, to say the least.. i am willing to travel to get these tattoo's, but getting such a large amount of artwork done must take a few months or even years? seing as the tattoo can not be re-worked on, untill you have fully healed!

Dear Friend, It is very difficult to deal with both your mental illness and your emotional problems caused by family dysfunction. Some times it very difficult for psychiatrist to make a diagnosis when there are other things going on. I suggest that you start attending a support group. Talking with others who deal with the same struggles you do can be very helpful. You are young and still trying to figure out your place in the world. I also wonder if you have considered attending church. There are lots of differant kinds of churches- for every kind of person. Finding a God connection can help you resolve some of the hurts and wounds from childhood, as well as helping you find ways to center yourself - which will improve your mood, and all your relationships with others. It also will help you find out what your purpose is on the planet. Getting a focus , something more important than your problems, will help you find out all the gifts you have, and all the abilities you have inside you . You can develop those, and the limitations you do have will be less important. You might want to pray about whether you should move to Grandma's or not, or if you are to go to your mom and ask her how you might change so that you will be more welcome to stay until you are able to support yourself. It may or may not be good for you to stay - depending on your mom's mental health. I think you are wise in asking these questions, and show that you want to make right choices despite many obstacles. I pray that whatever you decide that God will send you supportive positive people to come around you and encourage you. Keep seeking, Trish

Start saving up buddy!

Usually most shops'll charge $150-$200 per hour.

You wont be able to get all of these done at once!

You'll have to make regular trips back to the shop.

If you're willing to spend up to 5000 with a tip, you should be fine.

I'd get a quote from the artist first.

The fact that you are willing to travel is a plus. And you're spending about the right amount of money. Now you have to pick an artist. You should join InkedNation.com and explain your intentions. You need to look at a lot of portfolios.

Source(s): I'm a professional tattoo artist, 7 yrs.

possibly,

if you are looking for a renowned artist, go to a tattoo convention, always one happening, there you can have it designed etc, and you can find out about local artists, or statewide artists if needed.

you may even decide who you want there, maybe even meet them and discuss prices there

?