Can you build a lasting relationship when the foundation is pure sexual attraction?

Couldn't help it... had sex on the first date. It was awesome, he's amazing. We both want to see each other again. I'm looking for more. But where does it go from here? My best g'friend says it won't work.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

your best friend is right. It won't work based just on sex. What are you going to do when problems occur that sex can't fix? If you are serious about wanting to be with him then stop having sex for a while and see what kind of relationship it is.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ask every girl that's been there & they/ll tell you it never works out. I'm sure there's a possibility. He has to be on the same level as you & chances are he's not. B/c once you give it up, now he's guna expect you to probably every time. B/c in his mind, well she already did it so why wouldn't she do it again & every time?? So next time don't give in at all or until a long time! Plus how old is he? He's probably at that age he just wants to fool around. Usually both people know if they like each other or if they're just sexually attracted. & never be in denial either, b/c lots of people will!!!

Source(s): Been there too many times & thankfully finally learned.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

in my opinion,, guys are really hard to understand. some guys don't want a girl who will have sex on the first date because they find the girl easy to get. but when you were on the date they will insist having sex after the night especially if the date involves a bit of alcohol like after dinner go to the bar and party. then if you go for sex with him they will think of you just for sex not for a serious one.. i really dont understand. they dont like girls easy to get but they will insist or force you to do that. after the first date with an amazing sex they will ask you again to hang out and you are assuming that this guy will fall for you but the truth is he's not.. so after that hang out another date again and again and you are there expecting that there will be a chance that he will fall for you. girl dont let your feelings fall for that guy.. it's just sexual attraction. you might end up crying... if u want to continue the so called s*x make sure no feelings involve. you will just get hurted in a long run..

• 1 decade ago

The reason it won't work is because there's a good chance of cheating down the road. If there is no love, there is no bond that prevents you from betraying your boyfriend. With that being said, I don't think it will work either, unless you fall in love with each other.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.