Why do people smile in their sleep?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
for some reason i smile in my sleep. i've slept over at friends houses and i'll wake up to them telling me i smile in my sleep and not just once but every time. i've heard ...show more
Best Answer
  • Emily answered 5 years ago
Facial twitches and pleasant dreams. There may be more reasons, but I'm not a doctor.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (16)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • nessalynne answered 5 years ago
    haha maybe u dreamt of something cool. my sister talks in her sleep sometimes, once i was on the computer late at night (3:00am) then all of a sudden she was moving in her sleep, like rolling. nd i turned around nd she said "err ehhh sighh i dnt like their brands..." i was like wat? haha i tell everyone tht story!
    • Comment
  • DJ Big Dog answered 5 years ago
    Obviously you're having pleasant dreams. Just be glad you don't look like this in your sleep:

http://www.neodymsystems.com/ring/r_img/...
    • Comment
  • The Greenage answered 5 years ago
    i smile when im asleep when im having a good dream or when im getting plenty of rest
    • Comment
  • xJenniferx answered 5 years ago
    Maybe you're just a happy person? Lol.
    • Comment
  • Hous answered 5 years ago
    here are some sleep answers:
    http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • BlowBubblesNotBombs answered 5 years ago
    Apparently the subconscious part of your mind takes over when you're sleeping - my friend makes eating noises in her sleep, I start talking, and you smile. Congrats - you must be having sweet dreams :)
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Daniel4500 answered 5 years ago
    When people smile while they sleep there probally, having a funny dream. Just stating the obvious.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • norahs answered 5 years ago
    it is all dependant on there level of sleep. i personally talk in my sleep a lot. talking in your sleep just means you have dreams that mean a lot to you. such as a family member dying. smiling could just mean they are having a good dream or are at peace.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • PinkALister92 answered 5 years ago
    a lot of people smile on their sleep for the most obvious reason......theyre having a good dream. that sounds typical but my friend is in college and they did a study on it and yeah so i guess you have lots of good dreams!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • <NICK NAME> answered 5 years ago
    Because they have entered a deep sleep (R.E.M -Rapid eye movement) and people sometimes have intense dreams that make them do things like sleep walking or smiling or you may just be having a really good dream! :)
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Think ur Godly answered 5 years ago
    That is just something you have no control over. Some people drool in their sleep, some snore. Its just something that happens when you are unconscious, nothing you can do about it. If it were a 1 time occurrence id say maybe a funny dream or something.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Brandy answered 5 years ago
    Probably because your dreaming about something that makes you happy
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Dynamite answered 5 years ago
    Awww, that's cute. I wish I could do that - I just snore.

Well, it's an involuntary action, obviously, so maybe your face muscles are molded that way.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Chas3r answered 5 years ago
    You are having sex in your dream.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Rebecca answered 5 years ago
    good dream or gas
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • uno answered 5 years ago
    u having wet dreams