Manwich sloppy joes any good?

I'm making sloppy joes tomorrow, originally I was thinking of just using the manwich sauce, but I read in a forum that it tastes very different from our home-made childhood sloppy joes that we all know and love.

Favorite Answer

Manwich is too sweet for my taste.

Make your own. The sauce is so simple to make, anyway. It doesn't take much longer than opening a can of Manwich. We add TVP, onions, peppers. and garlic to our version.

• Dorene

Manwich is the brand name of a canned sloppy joe sauce produced by ConAgra Foods, Inc. and Hunt’s introduced in 1969. The can contains seasoned tomato sauce that is added to cooked ground beef in a skillet. “Manwich” is also a slang term for a sandwich with a great amount of filling. I would say that if you use that EXACT brand of sauce to make your Sloppy Joe, you can call it a "manwich". If you get it in a restaurant, or use another type of sauce, it's just a generic Sloppy Joe.

In the isle at the store that has seasonings. You can find a red packet of sloppy joe seasonings. You just add it to ground beef with water and tomato paste. Its way better than manwich. We NEVER use manwich, I always cook it using that seasoning.

Manwich IS the sloppy-joe we know and love from our childhood! It's as close as you're going to get unless you've got a school cafeteria lady living in your home....I love Manwich....I usually add a bit of sweet pickle relish to it, makes it even better....I'll also take a slice of Velveeta cheese on mine, thank you very much...

I use Manwich in the can but only about 1/2 the can. The whole can is too overwhelming taste wise.

• CC

I grew up on manwich. So when I make sloppy joes that is what I use. It is really good.

Man I have not had sloppy joes in a while , and manwich is what i eat i think its good.

• angel

My mother always used Manwich from a can when she made us sloppy Joe's. You can also buy a dry version (envelope) of it, and you mix it with tomato paste, water and ground beef. They both taste great

• Ann

I don't care for Manwich, nor does my family. I make my own.

It's good, but as always, homemade is even better.