Manwich sloppy joes any good?

I'm making sloppy joes tomorrow, originally I was thinking of just using the manwich sauce, but I read in a forum that it tastes very different from our home-made childhood sloppy joes that we all know and love.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Manwich is too sweet for my taste.

Make your own. The sauce is so simple to make, anyway. It doesn't take much longer than opening a can of Manwich. We add TVP, onions, peppers. and garlic to our version.

• Dorene
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Manwich is the brand name of a canned sloppy joe sauce produced by ConAgra Foods, Inc. and Hunt’s introduced in 1969. The can contains seasoned tomato sauce that is added to cooked ground beef in a skillet. “Manwich” is also a slang term for a sandwich with a great amount of filling. I would say that if you use that EXACT brand of sauce to make your Sloppy Joe, you can call it a "manwich". If you get it in a restaurant, or use another type of sauce, it's just a generic Sloppy Joe.

• 1 decade ago

In the isle at the store that has seasonings. You can find a red packet of sloppy joe seasonings. You just add it to ground beef with water and tomato paste. Its way better than manwich. We NEVER use manwich, I always cook it using that seasoning.

• 1 decade ago

Manwich IS the sloppy-joe we know and love from our childhood! It's as close as you're going to get unless you've got a school cafeteria lady living in your home....I love Manwich....I usually add a bit of sweet pickle relish to it, makes it even better....I'll also take a slice of Velveeta cheese on mine, thank you very much...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I use Manwich in the can but only about 1/2 the can. The whole can is too overwhelming taste wise.

• CC
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I grew up on manwich. So when I make sloppy joes that is what I use. It is really good.

• 1 decade ago

Man I have not had sloppy joes in a while , and manwich is what i eat i think its good.

• angel
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

My mother always used Manwich from a can when she made us sloppy Joe's. You can also buy a dry version (envelope) of it, and you mix it with tomato paste, water and ground beef. They both taste great

• Ann
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I don't care for Manwich, nor does my family. I make my own.

• 1 decade ago

It's good, but as always, homemade is even better.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.