how long should u wait to make love to sombody else afetr your wife dies?

need to know when to stop barievement

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

whenever you're ready....I'm sure the departed will understand!

• 1 decade ago

Well, my gut is to say "whenever you feel it's right."

But, you need to show respect to your late wife and your kids (if any) and relatives as well. Part of it depends on how old you are.

If you're 80, probably 6 months (it seems like it should be longer, but people are more understanding that an older person wouldn't want to be alone).

For everyone else, probably a year is good (or as close as you can get to it).

Nothing under 6 months seems to be looked upon favorably. On the one hand, you shouldn't care about what people think. On the other hand, you clearly do, since you're on YA asking us. So, yeah 6+ months.

Sorry for your loss, by the way. Don't stress too much either, no one wants to be alone.

• 1 decade ago

More information is needed to properly answer the question.

But I would advise at least a year before even looking for someone else.

Then, as for me I would still take the high road and not make love with someone until I married them.

Too strict for some. Just right morally.

Some people it takes years before they are over the grief just depends on how much you love/d her and your moral standards really.

• Mommy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Its up to you, but I would say you would be human and it will be meaningless for awhile.If you two were very close, it will be hard to give yourself completetly to someone.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A while. Don't do it just to make the pain go away.

• 1 decade ago

Until you are married to the somebody else.

• 1 decade ago

As long as you want to wait.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.