U.S. Portable Anti Air Missile Systems?

I recently started reading a weapons article about the RPG 7, saying how its shape charge revolutionized portable rocket/missile launching systems. It got me thinking, does the U.S. have something as versatile as the RPG-7? Its not only been proven to been able to knock out tanks and light armored vehicles, as well as low flying aircraft and helicopters. The RPG-7 is primarily used by paramilitary forces, or irregular guerrilla forces, because of its simplicity and general low cost. Also, there have been reported cases where these irregular fighters get their hands on Stinger Missile Systems. The Stinger is a pretty advanced weapon, as it is a missile instead of a rocket. Anyway, my question is, does the U.S. have anything currently in use that matches or out preforms both the RPG family of weapons, and the Stinger Missile System. I am aware of the AT-4 and the Javelin Missile System, and even though they excel at destroying tanks and armored vehicles, I am not sure they have an anti air capability. If anyone can either correct me or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Favorite Answer

the US equivalent: Shoulder-Launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon (SMAW)

The Stinger missile is the top portable system. The next step up ,though not man portable, is the Avenger system.

watch you tube THERE ARE HILARIOUS WAYS TO FIRE THIS TYPES OF WEAPON....THERE WAS THIS FRENCH-CANADIAN TROOPS WHO WHERE FIRING THIS PORTABLE ROCKET SYSTEM.....the rocket FELL OUT OF THE TUBE..it did not fly BUT DROPPED RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM....I BET...THOSE TROOPERS SCAMPER/RAN ON MACH 2!!!!

Another INDIAN/AFGHAN was back blasted by an RPG...

And a Marine fired an AT-4 and the tube SHATTERED,,...glad the Marine was not hurt badly...SCARY........might be the AT-4 was containing CHINA made parts????

hmmm...this seems a little on the terrorist side...i'm sorry I won't help you blow up your co-workers cubical