What caused the following!?

Can anyone tell me what causes irregular periods and vaginal bleeding for close to 4 months. And what can happen if un treated and can you still get pregnant or ovulate with those problems????

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

sorry i don't think anyone in the y! community can answer ur question. (I mean there can be so many issues which might cause vaginal bleeding) U need to go to a doctor to check it up !

• 1 decade ago

You sound like me.

I bled for 3 months straight. It wasn't heavy, but still constant. Also have irregular periods, and don't think I ovulated.

I finally was able to go to a doctor, and turns out my uterus and ovaries are fine, BUT I have raised insulin levels and hypothyroidism. Apparently either/both can cause the bleeding. I'm thinking it's probably more b/c of the thyroid problem though that's causing my own screwed up cycles.

What can happen? Well.. infertility obviously. Plus bleeding for so long is definitely not a good thing. You could become anemic if you aren't already.

Definitely go get checked out. Your problem could be something that is easily treatable.

• 1 decade ago

Only a doctor can help you honey. There are many, many causes for irregular periods and vaginal bleeding. Seek medical attention.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

alot of things can cause this. Your best bet is to get to a clinic. There are alot of women clinics, just google it for your area. When it comes to irregular bleeding it can be someting simple or not.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It could be something like fibroids and yes, sometimes they can cause infertility.

If I was bleeding that long, I'd be headed straight for the gyno! That's exactly what you should do! Whatever is causing it, it's not normal!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.