extreme body modification?

hey im 15 and have alot of questions on the body mod stuff

i recently learned about body suspension and it led me to learn about extreme body mods(scarification, dermal implants, tongue splitting/forking) and i know im young but for some reason prolly mental instability i have the need for pain and the weird thing is i cant do stuff to myself i know crazy right but then i learned about this stuff and how painful it was and i knew i had to try like i said i am young but i would like to know as much as possible.

my questions:

is there any place in northern virginia/D.C. where i can get extreme body mods?

whats the best way to give yourself a tattoo?

does the magnet vision really work(you know where you get the magnet in your fingertip and you can feel EM fields?

what are the risks(and i mean all the risks for everything?

do you have any body mods and are you sorry you got them?

where should i go for suspension?

and when is it best to get tooth filing(i heard there is a certain time when your teeth would best accept it without complications?

• Lava
    Favorite Answer

Don't trust anyone willing to give you any extreme mods at your age. All of the ones you mentioned need to be done by experienced professionals, ones who are dedicated and ethical enough that they wouldn't consider working on a 15 year old. But they might be interested in talking to a 15 year old about what he might want in the future, and that would probably be good for you. You can make a more informed decision once you're a legal adult if you've picked the mind of modded people.

Don't try to tattoo yourself, you'll only end up with an ugly tattoo that you pay someone to cover up later. If you really want to tattoo yourself, think about getting an apprenticeship and getting the skills to do it well.

There's lots of suspension groups around the country, and although I'm sure lots of people would be willing to talk to your about their experiences, anyone that would help you attempt it when you're a minor is not to be trusted.

As far as I've heard, magnetic implants do work, however they are something that random people are testing out on themselves and friends at this point. I've never heard of someone doing them for the general public, and I don't think a safe method has been developed as of yet.

Go ahead and learn all you can, but accept that your tastes may change and you need time to realize what you really want and what's just an immediate desire. You don't need to be covered in tattoos and strung up by hooks to be someone interested and knowledgeable of the body modification movement. So find some people in the know and get their input, and by the time you're an adult you'll be well informed, and already immersed in the body mod community.

Source(s): Don't regret any of mine, but I err on the side of caution.

You cannot get any of this done while you're a minor. But once you're old enough, go around and talk to some piercers/body mod artists and see if they can hook you up with people who will help you will all of this [suspension, tooth filing, etc.]. Most of the time, for suspensions, you will not find some random person doing it for people. It's usually just groups of close friends who are body mod artists.

Wait until you are 18. None of the body modifications you want to have done are legal for minors. And don't give yourself a tattoo. You can't obtain safe ink at your age and you don't have the tools to get proper color saturation. Seriously, wait until you are a legal adult and then have a blast.

These body modifications aren't going anywhere anytime soon. It will be worth the wait. It's only three years and I know in the teenager life that seems like forever, but it isn't. You'll appreciate all of it so much more as an adult.

• Dorene

I'm all for body modification, as long as it is safe and clean. From what I read in the article you provided, the scarring is unpredictable, impossible to guarantee. If you really want it, I would recommend beginning in a place with a small design that is relatively inconspicuous in order to observe how your body heals and see if the method used is the best for you.

The only thing on this that i even know what it is is tattooing and if your going to give yourself a tattoo its not a smart idea my friend got ink poising and had to go through like 15 blood tests but if your going to do it get a needle wipe it with alcohol then get a liter and sterilize it some more get some ink not sure what kind dip it in the ink and pretty much stab yourself with it....it comes out like sht if you do it yourself.. i would get a friend to do it for you or something

• Mally

Don't do any of this until you're 18. It's illegal to do any of this until you're an adult.

Oh and to Shannon's comment, not everything is about ~getting laid~. Most people who do extreme body mods want to do it because THEY WANT TO DO IT. It's liberating to them. They're not doing it to impress people. ::

Source(s): Decently modded gal

Well I'm into body scarification.

I have four body scarification's that i did myself.

here's one:

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z165/Beautifull...

it didn't personally hurt me but i guess it all depends on your pain tolerance level.

I like my scarification's but i wont perform any more because I don't want anything to go wrong like infection wise.

Get it done by a professional.

14 and wanting a tat? TERRIBLE idea. You're still growing, so it will stretch. Most places don't do tats to kids hun. Some places do it at 16, with parental permission. And they have to be there.

And most of these sound stupid in my opinion. Say goodbye to getting laid kiddo.