Can a recurring Urinary tract infection cause infertility?

should I be concerned if i keep getting these? even though i treat them, there are no reason for concern for it to cause damage to cause infertility? Right?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i think if they get bad enough they can make u sterille, but im not 100% sure. u better wait for a female to answer.

kinda funny how some disseases make people sterille. its kinda like an oxy-moron.

• 1 decade ago

Nope, a recurring infection cannot cause sterility. Your urinary tract is separate from your reproductive organs.

The worst case scenario with a UTI is not treating it with antibiotics and the infection tracing up to your kidneys; at this point one has a full-blown kidney infection and you don't want one. Not only is it painful, but if left untreated can cause damage to your kidneys - you need those guys.

Above answer is correct, talk with your doctor about way to avoid them. Your underwear/thong and how you wipe/wash avoid bacteria getting in the area. Peeing right before and after sex can help flush bacteria out of the urinary tract should some get in there during sex, as this is a very common time for it to happen.

Talk with your doctor.

• angel
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

No they can not make you sterile the reason you keep getting them is because your wiping the wrong way you should always wipe front to back and never wear those thongs they are know to cause infection and it's a good idea to wear under wear but take them off and sleep with out them gives your body time to breath

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.