New to torrents, why is it so slow?

The max download speed is usually only 60 kb/s...but when I try to download some movies its way slower...like 2 kb/s....wtf? my computer and internet are pretty high speed? using uTorrent... i tried testing if the port was forwarded properly and that only confused me more...what can i do to make it go faster?????????

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nothing. You have to pick a torrent with a lot of seeders. (A seeder is someone who is uploading.) You are only as fast as the fastest seeder. A lot of people limit the speed of their upload to save bandwidth, and in fact most torrrent programs usually limit the upload speed in the default setting. Basically if you pick a hundred megabyte file with 300 seeders, it will usually download pretty fast, if there's only a few seeders, the same file could take hours.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You need to allow incoming connections, i.e. port forwarding. You could also use UPnP, you'll probably have to enable it in your router configuration.

Google and Wikipedia will help you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you are grabing or (stealing) copyrighted music/videos from other computers who do the same file sharing system as you.

you have your internet connection and they have their internet connection

you can not control how fast they upload

• 1 decade ago

Well, for one you can stop being a ******* moron, and perhaps then will your downloads be utmost performance. Then again, you're too dumb to configure anything.. ******* ignoramus.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

your using public torrent trackers that is why it is slow

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.