Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

is it bad to be suicidal and HAVE to know what happens when you die at the same time? Try living it daily?

Not to mention pain from constant surgeries. bad back and weak lungs. migraines. Have to watch your family suffer in their own pain and still worry about you. Your girlfriend is depressed and was raped and you have to see her cry alot. And your dad died when you were 2. Once this is your life YOU try saying there is a god and he loves all of us. Why dont YOU go through this **** before judging my beliefs? sound like a plan? In fact, there are people WAAAAAAAAAAAAY worse then me. Why not judge them for admitting there is no god? You wouldnt last a day in their shoes (lack of shoes actually). None of us would. SO TRY BEING OPENED MINDED!!!! and get a reason to believe what you do other than 'the bible says so'. I KNOW there is no god as described by the bible. And that this fictional satan doesnt cause our suffering. we are alone

isnt it crazy how christians so far are answering this with hate? Such a hateful religion.... anyways this is not trolling. Yes I went on a rant to you but for me thats just something I do. If you knew my I doubt youde consider and treat me so useless. Ill remember how worthless I am next time theres a gun around. youre welcome

and its not nearly all christians. Im realizing most christians are fakes

Favorite Answer

I'm so sorry you feel the way you do.

However, suicidal thoughts transcend belief systems. Theists are just as likely as non-believers to be depressed.

If you really are suicidal, you need to talk to your family doctor. He or she can help you deal with these feelings.

And if you can't or won't talk to your doctor, talk to someone. One of your friends, your mom, a suicide hotline, whatever. There are people who love you and don't want to see you die.

Sounds like you've been through a great deal.

What if there was a way you could KNOW, not 'believe', there is a Most High Lord God of ALL Creation!? Are you open-minded enough to test it for yourself? And, NO, it isn't from the bible - you're almost right about that one.

If so, READ The Anointed, The Elect, and The Damned! and pay particular attention to The Proof of The Great Testimony. Go through the information, prepare yourself properly, and take the proof. You'll KNOW when you're done.

The information about the Harmed Ones may be of particular help to you and your girlfriend.

Source(s): The Akurians Teachers of Righteousness http://www.theanointedtheelectandthedamned.com/

Just because you're suffering doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. I feel sympathy for you and would like to say to keep enduring. Lots of people are suffering, everyone is to some degree.

My reason for believing in God's purpose for mankind, his everlasting life promise is more than just because the Bible says so.

But it doesn't seem that you want any answers since you seem to "KNOW THERE IS NO GOD" so that's all you'll get from me =)

maybe you should try being humble and open minded yourself, friend =)

"we are alone" what a terrible thing to think but then, the Bible talks about people who simply won't believe. You are one of these people.

Just to reiterate, I do feel sympathy for you, and I do hope that things get better =)

But there is a reason for this suffering.

1 Peter 5:8-12 says

Keep YOUR senses, be watchful. YOUR adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour [someone]. 9 But take YOUR stand against him, solid in the faith, knowing that the same things in the way of sufferings are being accomplished in the entire association of YOUR brothers in the world. 10 But, after YOU have suffered a little while, the God of all undeserved kindness, who called YOU to his everlasting glory in union with Christ, will himself finish YOUR training, he will make YOU firm, he will make YOU strong. 11 To him be the might forever. Amen

• Dorene

Jesus would destroy Muhammad for trying to lead the people of God astray. Then Islam wouldn't exist and more than half the world would worship the same God and we would most likely live more peacefully, but this didn't happen so I couldn't be 100% sure. Christianity is already the majority religion on every continent except Asia. Africa would become more Christian.

Nice rant. I feel sorry for you, but you don't know what I've been through either, and to assume you've got it worse than someone who believes in God is just plain STUPID.

There's no way you can know for sure God doesn't exist. NO WAY, so why not just let others believe what they want?

I have every reason to believe in God, and guess what? It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Bible.

I don't judge your beliefs, but to assume you have the right to judge mine just because your life is in the crapper at the moment is idiotic and hypocritical.

We are never alone. Never. We suffer together. We live together. And, contrary to what some people believe, we have the ability to die together.

I'm sorry you're going through such hard times, but lashing out at others is no way to help make it better. Try allowing someone else to understand you and what you've been through. Stop thinking you're the only one to have suffered this much, only to have your beliefs called stupid and ignorant.

Source(s): Brutally Honest EDIT: No, I answered your question honestly. If you can't handle that, that's your problem. I've given you some good advice, so maybe you should take it and stop being so bitter. Help doesn't always come in a sympathetic form. Be grateful your life isn't worse.

Imagine there is a God, but that it is really bad at doing what it is suppose to do. Tell it what a loser it is. Demand justice, even though you don't believe that such a thing exists. Let it have every last bit of your rage, disappointment and sorrow. Cry your eyes out demanding that this imaginary God pay you attention.

• Macey

If this is true, my condolences. This is a rough life you were born into, and the truth is you described the reason I first questioned Christianity. I cannot look at this cruel world and kid myself into thinking there is an all-loving God responsible. Theists sugarcoat the evils of the world by saying that God gave us free will and we have abused it, but in reality they have no better argument for why life is the way it is.

I am so sorry you learned the hard way there is nobody up there looking after you.

sorry to hear what ur going through but everybody has their beliefs if there is a god or not ..but the sad part is that when u realize its to late to believe WHEN UR DEAD. ur going to wish u did believe in the man that made u.. god puts u through things to not only make u stronger but also because he know u are strong enough to go through it.. for an example my father killed himself couple years back i dnt think i could get through it but i did and so did my family but the sad part about that is when ppl kill themselves they REALLY dnt know what they put their family through until they encounter it! I fully believe being Suicidal is very SELFISH ... if only u could give GOD a chance you can really know what god can do for u... its funny allot ppl try save they believe n god but there life shows otherwise but RIGHT WHEN THE PROBLEMS GET BAD THEY SAY OH GOD HELP ..BUT WHEN EVERYTHING IS GOOD THEY DON'T EVEN CALL ON HIM.. SEE THE THING IS GOD WANTS YOU TO ALWAYS BE THERE NOT JUST WHEN ITS GOOD FOR U .... just like a friend if ur friend never calls u to hangout but you do then when ur friend finally calls u turn him down because he only goes out when its good for him. WHAT KIND FRIEND WOULD THAT BE?? ASK URSELF THAT ONE ...WHAT ELSE COULD HAPPEN WHEN U DIE IF U DNT BELIEVE N HEAVEN OR HELL ??? IT CNT JUST BE NOTHING IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING

• Neon.

I am a Christian, and like others you meet, I'm not going to flip on you for not believing there is a God.

My life has been hard, although not as hard as yours. I have always questioned whether my faith was wrong, or if I just didn't matter.

Too me, God isn't there to give us everything we want in life, or to even make us happy, with material goods at least. Too me, God is there as a source of hope, that no matter what happens, I can always remember God, and realize that it's okay, and that soon enough, I'll being happily living with Him in heaven. Even that sense of hope and connectedness I get from loving God is enough to make me happy, even in the worst of times.

I drifted from God when my life started to spiral downwards, but when I turned back, it just seems to get better one step at a time. Bad things still happen, but I take them in stride, knowing the God loves me, and that my faith and hope in him will give my the greatest gift and joy anyone could ever ask for.

Source(s): My own experience in being a Christian and being in miserable situations.

You were just angry and disappointed. The suffering make you suicidal, fine, but live through it and be a hero. If you don't believe God, why would you want to put blame to Him?

God existed, and suffeirng is still real. Maybe find Him and be close to Him is the way to end it, instead of suicidal thinking.