What makes the Bible fact...?

What makes what the Bible says a fact and what the Greeks believed myths? I mean neither can be proved or disproved and both are at least half based on facts (ex. Troy in the Iliad, was a real city). So why aren't Bible stories called Bible myths, like stories from ancient people's religions?

The definition of a fact is something that is true, something that actually exists, or something that can be verified according to an established standard of evaluation.

When someone can point out to me the garden of Eden on a map and show me this tree of Good and Evil, I'll say the Bible has been verified and everything in it is fact. Until then it's about as believable as Zeus being on Mount Olympus.

Mountain man I'll tell you why I think what the Bible says is untrue. I don't buy this crap about talking snakes and magical fruit trees.

Favorite Answer

Because Christianity is one of the top five major world religions. When the Greek belief system was as widely practiced as Christianity is today, they weren't called myths. Just like how, when the day comes that almost nobody practices Christianity, we will call them Christian myths.

It's not exactly rocket science. The dominant faith system in a society is spoken of with respect, especially when most of a nation's rulers follow it. Whereas the outdated, 1,500-year-old, archaic belief system is labelled fiction. Besides, the semantics hardly matter.

Many things in the Bible require faith. However some things can be tested. For example, the Bible makes claims about historical events. Historically, the Bible has been found to be reliable and consistent with the archaeological evidence. No science or path of reasoning has ever proved the Bible to be wrong (when considered in context). If the Bible is reliable in ways that can be tested, then it is not unreasonable to assume that it is reliable in claims which cannot be tested.

I've not heard anyone claim that all Biblical claims are scientific facts. Christians believe the Bible to be truth based on reasonable faith.

PS

Biblically speaking, the garden of Eden would have been wiped out by the flood. Check out

http://creation.com/answers

to find out how qualified scientists believe and can demonstrate that the science is consistent with the Bible.

nothing makes it a fact... religion is based on belief and faith most importantly. Nothing makes any religion true except what You believe. They aren't called myths because not everyone thinks it didn't happen. I mean Homer wrote the Iliad and everyone knows it didn't happen. But there isn't enough evidence that someone wrote the Bible.. Maybe a bunch of disciples help create it(I dunno im not christian). But you get my point.. Religion is something hard to describe. If you believe in a religion its hard to even answer this question.. You just believe in what you believe you don't have to prove it at all. Its your faith...

Source(s): Im very religious and not afraid to say it

How do you know the bible is the word of God?

KING JAMES VERSION

THE ROMANS 1:20

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

If you look up to the heavens at night in awe... It is God that created what you are seeing. And the fact that you can see it as a wonder, proves God exists. No man has an excuse to not believe.

They are myths. But if you believed in the ancient Greek gods, literally believed there was a group of superior beings that live on Mount Olympus, you would call those real and call the Bible myths. The truth is they are all myths.

Nothing makes it fact. There is no objective evidence to claim it as such.

@ Follows Jesus, CCeCe, Ernie, Asawa: And how do you know that's true?

@ Muldah: Is that the same reason why circular logic works?

@ Fitz: Everything in the Bible is true? So where are your four-legged birds (Leviticus 11:20)?

@ Sarah: If something cannot be falsified, then it cannot be proven as true.

@ Alis Nin: Archeological evidence and contemporary written texts such as...?

@ Mountain man: I don't know if you ever took a science course, but if you did, you would know that science is a self-correcting body.

@ Diane C: Faith is not fact.

@ Mad Dog: Appeal to design/Creation is a logical fallacy.

@ Tommy: I had an experience of a dinosaur in my backyard. I could touch it, taste it, smell it. I wanted to take photos and movies of it, but I left all the tech in my home. I went to my neighbor and he saw a dinosaur too, but it didn't match my description. So would you say that this experience is fact to that dinosaurs exist?

@ Tristen: Creation.com? Are you kidding me? I don't have to prove something wrong to make it wrong. The Bible has to prove it's right (burden of proof). "Biblically speaking, the garden of Eden would have been wiped out by the flood." That's special pleading right there. "Christians believe the Bible to be truth based on... faith." Which is why to claim that it is true ISN'T objective.

nothing. which is why people are on here arguing about religion to begin with. There is no rhyme or reason to why Greek mythology is called mythology and Bible stories are called stories as opposed to mythology other than the fact that Greek and Roman paganism is a, by in large, dead religion and the religions based on the Bible are alive and kicking. Back when Greek and Roman paganism was widely practiced, their religion was indeed stated as fact.

Source(s): There are alot of things in the Bible that are fact. Geographical places that do indeed exist. People that were proven to exist. Parts of the Bible are fact.

The bible is simply "Faction" A fictional story set in an historically correct time and place!!

But even then there is not one single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record - that is right - not one!!! At the same time as he was supposed to have been around there were a number of Jews claiming to be the messiah - all of whom are well recorded!!

There is not a single contemporary record from any source and even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!!

He was supposed to have been a huge problem to the Romans and produced wonderful miracles but still not one contemporary record?

Even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!!

Pilot is recorded in the Roman record as a somewhat lack luster man but no mention of a Jesus, a trial or crucifixion that would surely have been used to make him look brighter!!

At best he was an amalgam of those others!!

The Roman Emperor Constantine produced the bible and he was a pagan not god!!! He also organized Christianity into the Holly Roman Catholic Church!! Not in Israel or any of the countries of supposed origin but entirely Italian!!

Not one word of it is contemporary with the period and was not written until many years after the period the story is set in!! How did the apostles write their books long after they were dead?

What a wonder full disinformation and deception campaign he waged against his Christian enemies - so good in fact that Christians are still following the deception to this day!!!

No one who knows what they're talking about ever really claims the Bible to be 100% fact. We need to accept that some of these things are probably just fables told to convey a point.

Does anyone expect anyone to REALLY believe that god recruited a senior citizen to build an arc large enough to house two of every animal on the planet? C'mon....

• trixi

medical info THAT THE BIBLE IS GOD'S notice technological wisdom and the Bible do no longer contradict one yet another! as a count of reality, actual technological wisdom proves the life of God. case in point, the DNA code is composed of libraries with volumes of time-honored suggestions that ought to no longer have come into life by random danger. It defies the regulation of danger. The case for evolution collapses below Biblical numerics. This became into the brainchild of atheist turn Christian, Dr. Ivan Panin. This Russian mathematical genius found out that a limiteless community of sevens, multiples of sevens and powers of sevens permeate the wholeof the Bible. As you probably understand, seven is the God's quantity ofspiritual perfection. there's a trend of sevens that extends from the Hebrew previous testomony to the Greek New testomony. it quite is irrefutable info that the Bible is the inspired notice of God. The case for evolution and the vast Bang collapses below biblical numerics. What became into got here upon by using this pupil became into that over 30 different varieties of sevens supported the creationist's rivalry of Genesis1:a million, " in the start God created the heavens and the earth." This commentary is going against the evolutionist's theory that the universe developed from a chaotic vast Bang. in the examples under, examine out the incredible discovery helping on the spot creatiuon and be conscious the chosen multiples of sevens. "in the start, GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH" (GENESIS a million:a million). a million. Genesis a million:a million encompass seven Hebrew words 2. those seven words have 28 (7x4) Hebrew letters. 3. " in the start" is composed of 14 letters(7x2) letters. 4. The final 4 words "heaven and earth" have 14 (7x2) letters. 5. The Fourth and fifith words " heaven and earh " have 14 (7x2) letters. 6. the three keywords: "God, Heaven and Earth" have 14 (7x2) letters. 7. the relax type of words is composed of 14 ( 7x2) letters. 8. the midsection notice is flanked by using 2 different seven letter words. 9 The sum of the numberical cost of the letters of God, heaven and earth is 777 (7x111). in my view checked by using my calculator! 10. The sum of the 1st and the final letters of the 1st and final words is 497 (7x71). in my view checked by using my Calculator!