Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Whats the difference between making love and having sex?

i'm 18, virgin. just wondering.

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

emotion

• 1 decade ago

Its the same thing, making love is still having sex but 'making love' just sounds nicer to say when you're in a relationship with someone that you are in love with. But at the same time 'sex' and 'making love' are different as in 'sex' can be with anyone and have no meaning to it. I think the term 'making love' speaks for itself.

• 1 decade ago

Sheezsh!

They are NOT the same.

Making love involves love. Like caring about the act, and making it last, being more concerned about your lover than yourself.

Having sex is like just getting it over and done with!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sex is just physical and can be over in a minute. Making love takes time and care for the other person. It means taking time to know the other person's body. It means spending time with each other before and after the physical act of sex.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Making love just sounds better. Some people think it means something different then having sex but it's just a way to pretty it up. In my opinion,I think the saying "making love" is idiotic. Love and sex are completely separate things.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think making love is when two people are in like or love with each other, they share feelings for each other. anyone can have sex and not care about the person (i can't do that, but lots of people can.) making love is just a softer way of saying "having sex."

Source(s): i've done both
  • The difference with sex is just the physical emotion and doesn't mean you love the person.But making love means your usually in love with the person and you have a deeper connection with them.

• 1 decade ago

"Making Love" is when you have intercourse with someone that you are in a relationship with and are in love with, it's having sex but with more meaning to it some say. Others say its having sex that's tender and sweet etc.

"Having Sex" is just having intercourse, no actual feelings for the other person have to be involved.

• 1 decade ago

when you make love you are either kissing or making out which is your body speaking to your lover that you really love them and sex is what we need for more people to do and find love because without sex we wouldnt be here today sperm oes to the egg in the females body and the sperm can make a life form and when the process is done it will make a child. thats the difference

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The former involves actual compassion between the two people having sex.

• 1 decade ago

its all in the persons mind. they both consist of doing the same act. however most ppl consider making love slow and sweet and the two ppl are in love while sex is just a general term for the act of doing it and nothing special....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.