If you stayed in the house with the kids after divorce, did you stay there for long??? Or did you sell it ....?

after a while because of the memories?? It is not just the memories but also the problems that come along with a house all by yourself (as a woman with just her income). I am thinking that in 2 years I will have to sell the house because it has so many problems. Do you think that before my divorce is over I should have the house inspected and bring to light all the problems with the house???? My hubby works for a title and appraisal management company and had the house appraised for a value way above what it is worth. Any suggestions I will apreciate. thanks

Favorite Answer

I would stay for awhile for the kids but if it is too much for you after a while than move butr plan your stategy. Start cleaning things out now, you know things you don't need, things you can sell, things that remind you of bad memories. Paint a room or 2, improve some cosmetic things so you can sell it. BTW if you are going to buy the house DO get it inspected that way your lawyer will see what improvements need done and either your hubby will have to pay half to repair them or the cost of the repairs will taken off the value of the house in the settlement. Don't let him get away with an overinflated appraisal. If there are problems point them out before it is too late. and you are stuck. good luck

I sold mine very soon after as I couldn't stand being there. Plus I burned the bed we slept in too..Lol

No offence meant hun but I think a clean start is what you need and you will be the better for it if at all possible. I felt better doing what I did as the thought of living and sleeping in the same house as my cheating ex was too much for me.

I say go for it and get a fresh start.

i haven't ever been divorced but my mom & dad got divorced & we stayed at our house for forever & it's an old house it turned 100 the same year she passed away my brother helped her keep up with it & i did too where i could it's a different kind of life but you can make it work. i would suggest going through & taking care of all the serious stuff that's wrong right now though.

i say sell it and move on to avoid feeling like you're still in the same place