Dominic A asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 decade ago

NASCAR NATION: Do you see Danica Patrick running in NASCAR anytime soon?

I think she'll run a few Nationiwde race next year to get her feet wet, but will she run a NSCS race?

• tom p
    Favorite Answer

If she does come over to the dark side, I hope they make her run at least a partial season in Nationwide.

If she make the move, they may try her in one race.

But I don't think she's gonna make a move for another 2-3 years.

Face it, she only has 1 (ONE) win under her belt in 5 full years of running Indy. That in itself is not real impressive.

Source(s): But I digest..... Just my 2 cents.
  • Jay

Not any time soon at all. She would need to start doing some ARCA races, gradually move into the trucks, and then work her way up to a Nationwide car before ever giving Cup a try. When she starts doing some ARCA events, then I'll know where she's headed. I believe Ganassi will pick her up and have her racing both IRL and stock cars in 2010, but we'll have to wait and see if it happens.

She is having a pretty good yr in IRL, 5th in the points. I think she will stay in IRL for another couple yrs try to get that Indy 500 win and a championship, I could see her driving some Nationwide races next yr to get ready to move into Nascar in 3-4 yrs.

Go Dale Jr

no, she is in a contract year. her showing up at various nascar garages is merely a ploy to feign interest and garner more money from her current employer. besides, did you see the IRL race at kentucky speedway today? it was about ten times more exciting than the nascar race at pocono...and i'm not an irl fan. she'll stay put. she is the number 1 in IRL. why go to nascar and somewhere between 5-10 on the popularity scale?

• Dorene

She won the vote fair and square the Danica Nation is huge. The only driver that possibly more fans is Dale Jr. And he was already in the race. If they do voting same way next season Danica probably wins fan vote again.

• beth

I didn't think we would a few days ago but this weekend I heard Roush was going to run 4 Nationwide cars next year. I don't see why Roush would have that many teams unless he had someone coming from another series and it could be Danica.

I see her coming over to Nascar after winning a championship in the IRL.

Not unless Indycar racing goes out of business all together. Indycar is making great strides in making open wheel racing more competitive & exciting for the fans. But you never know, money has a way of changing people's mind.

Source(s): 2

I think it'd be a big risk for her since I've heard they're two different styles. If she wants to get even more money she will go with NASCAR but I don't think she will do it. Ooh I think she would be the most popular driver "buck toothed Asian"! The other drivers are not blowing anyone away with charisma!

YES, but to remark on one other answere, Rouch is going from 5 teams to 4. Mc Murray is out next year.