? asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

what is the best dog for me?READ DETAILS!?

okay here is what i am looking for.i need a dog that is easy to house break.since i am 11 my mom tellls me they need to me easily house broken.

i would like one that is cute.

i would like one that is affectionate.

and i would like one that has a long life.its sad loosing a dog so i like haveing one for a long time.

and one more thing.i have ben doing research.i found theys dogs V

Carin terrier,papillon,bichon frise,and a maltese.

thanks. :D

okay they said add more.i do not mind a dog that sheads.i like in a 2 story house.i have a little back yard.and i have had a yorkie.he died with in a year.no one knows what happened.i have 1 cat.1 dobermen.2 sugar gliders.every one that lives at my house is older than me.so if you want me to add more tell me.

Favorite Answer

It depends how vigilant you are about keeping on top of the house training. You have to be constant in training and repetitiveness is the key. You can't slack on it.

Plus, I have never had a dog that was just like another so it's hard to say how quick one dog would pick up on house breaking than another. They are like people and all have different personalities. A female seems to be the best about training in my experience though.

And my smartest, well behaved little dogs are mixed breed. I have a Poo-Chi, Malti-Peka-Poo, Chorkie and others, all beautiful and smart.

• i would like one that is cute. NOT a valid reason to base a breed choice on you.

i would like one that is affectionate.

and i would like one that has a long life.its sad loosing a dog so i like haveing one for a long time. FACT is ALL dogs will die eventually!

and one more thing.i have ben doing research

Not enough research. All i can tell is you based the breed choice on look, NOT compatablilty with your lifestyle. If you did DO proper research, you KNOW MOST of these breeds are HARD to housetrain!

Temperment, energy requirements, grooming requirements, and Intendent living conditions are much more important then how cute a dog look!

Number 1; Small dogs are NOCTORIOUS FOR DIFFICULTLY IN HOUSE BREAKING

Maltese.Housebreaking problems. As a behavioral consultant, I would put the Maltese on my Top Five List of "Hard to Housebreak." Consistent crate training is mandatory. Sometimes a doggy door is necessary. And some owners never do get their Maltese fully housebroken.

papillon

Housebreaking. Toy breeds are almost always difficult to housebreak. It is so easy for them to sneak behind a chair or under a small table, and it takes only a few seconds for the deed to be done. The results can be hard to see. When you don't see it, you don't correct it -- and so the bad habit becomes established. If you hope to housebreak a toy breed, consistent crate training is mandatory. Papillons should not be loosed in the house for many months, until their small internal organs become strong enough for reliable control.

bichon frise

Housebreaking. As a behavioral consultant, I would put the Bichon Frise on my Top 10 List of "Hard to Housebreak." Consistent crate training is mandatory. Sometimes a doggy door is necessary. And some owners never do get their Bichon Frise fully housebroken.

Carin terrier-Again hard to housebreak

http://www.trainpetdog.com/hard-to-housebreak-dogs...

Well maybe you should do all the research you need to do and prove that your responsible enough to take care of a dog. Because I would never let an 11 year old by the primary caretaker of a dog.

EDIT: Oh but the easiest dog to housebreak is a Border Collie since they're the smartest dog breed. But if you get a BC, prepare to give him at least 2-3 hours of VIGOROUS exercise every day--a few walks a day won't cut it.

Other dogs that are easily housetrainable (based on intelligence) are German Shepherds, Golden Retrievers, Labs, etc. But it sounds like you prefer small dogs, in this case the smartest small dogs are Shetland Sheep Dogs and Papillons.

Wow, that's specific. Any dog is easily housebroken if the owner knows what s/he is doing, what is cute/affectionate for you may not be for me (so let's assume that all dogs are cute/affectionate) and all breeds can live a good long life if taken care for properly - though smaller breeds do tend to live longer.

About 500+ dog breeds fit your needs. Mind narrowing it down a bit?

Nobody can help you if your requirements are so vague.

What you need to do is work out exactly what you want from a breed in terms of your lifestyle. Are you active/lazy? Mind a shedding dog or not? Live in a particularly hot or cold climate? Live in a house with other animals or young children? Is anyone home all day? Live in a big house or flat/apartment? Do you have access to a garden? When you have answered those questions, research what breeds actually fit in nicely with your lifestyle. Those are the ones to consider. There is no point in getting a typically lazy Pug or Shih Tzu if you want a dog that can be a jogging companion.

This may also help you decide: http://animal.discovery.com/breedselector/dogselec...

Wow. comparable question with a request to study info? i'm going to circulate forward and supply you an analogous answer (study info) Too vast of a catalogue to grant. (in reference yo your defamation of Beagles final time) Beagles are not stupid, and are regrettably utilized in scientific exams each and all the time simply by undeniable fact that they are complacent and obedient--damaging men. Beagles are form and loving, do no longer have confidence some stupid statistic. besides, canines many times are between the main socially smart creatures on the earth--the "stupidest" of them remains going to make a mind-blowing and dependable chum. I observed a Pit Bull some years back, who's shorter than maximum Labs, yet stockier. he's a significant sweetheart, and that i admire him plenty. i could actual recommend sorting out your community shelters. Do a rapid Google seek, many have "profiles" for their canines with %. and mini-biographies so which you would be able to get a sense for in case you will have an interest. on an analogous time as each canines is distinctive, nearly all of take care of canines are rather grateful to be taken right into a loving abode :)

The dogs you've listed are all small or toy breeds. Small and toy breeds are notoriously difficult to house break! However, smaller dogs to have a longer life span, on average, than their larger counterparts. Cute is totally a subjective thing--what I think is cute, you may think is ugly. If you have your heart set on a small dog, I would stick to the terrier breeds. Terriers tend to be very smart which will make training of all sorts, including house breaking, easier.

Haha lol i am 11 also... anyway, I just got a new dog shes a puppy but she's about 6 months old but BIG for her age because she is an Irish Wolfhound. the dog i would suggest for you is maybe a greyhound because they can be easily housebroken, are obedient, beautiful, and they are very loving towards people... They are an amazing dog (my favorite!!) and so hope I helped!!

Source(s): Me

small dogs tend to live longer then large ones, but the dogs you researched have a huge reputation for stupidity. I would recommend a medium sized poodle. they will live long and they dont shed fur because they grow hair instead of fur, so your house wouldnt get fur all over. they are very smart dogs and therefore easy to train. They also would be a reasonable sized dog to keep in doors.

I RECOMMEND A MALTESE! I have one, she is the cutest, sweetest most affectionate little thing in the world! She doesn't shed much, and maltese have long lifespans. They are little, cuddle easily and easy to train If you know how to properly train a dog.

Labradors are really loving, affectionate, smart and really cute. They also have a long life.

However, they are on the larger side and they do shed quite a bit. They also need a lot of exercise

So consult your parents.

But if you treat them well, they'll be loving and wonderful companions.

Good luck! :)