final fantasy 7 remake?

any chances for it

tech demo looks superb may be better if it was the real deal

No. There is no remake for Final Fantasy VII. You can download the game for the PSP now, but that is it. The demo was just to show how good the PS3 was. Then before they said they were going to have a download for the PSP, everyone said it was a remake. It is not true, and there will not be a remake of this game. Sorry, but it would be nice to see the game look just like the move.

I don't think so. Square Enix keeps saying it's not gonna happen. Especially, since they're busy with FFXIII, Versus XIII, Agito XIII, XIV, and other SE games.

However, I could see it happening in another 10 years.

EDIT: Oh, to the first post. That's actually a re-release of the original for the PS3/PSP. Any PS1 game released on the Playstation Network is called a Playstation Classic. :)

So far Square-Enix hasn't given us any info about the release. But hopefully they'll get around to it after the other big releases in the future. The tech demo, as far as I know, was only to show off how the PS3 can perform with such great quality.

Square Enix keeps reiterating that they're not currently working on it, there are no plans for them to start working on it in the near future, and even if they do decide to do it, it won't be until they can bring in key people from the original FF7 project (most of whom are currently tied up in the FFXIII and Kingdom Hearts projects).

I'm pretty sure they're actually releasing it on the Playstation Store for download on the PS3.

That article on Gamespot confirms my theory ;)