LATHY asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

MY DAD DIED BEFORE I WAS BORN I HAVE OTHER BOTHERS AND SISTERS I NEED HELP FINDING THEM?

Favorite Answer

If you know their names try zabasearch or peoplefinders. They aren't perfect but may give you a start on where to search by possibly supplying the last known address of someone.

Something else you can try is going to the following website: http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp It is the Mormon church's website for genealogy and family searches. Their religion believes in documenting ALL families not just Mormons and documenting the whole world's population. They have a HUGE database. It is an amazing website and has lots of information from ancestral files, the census, U. S. Social Security records, military records, International Genealogical Index, Pedigree Resource Files, Vital Records Index, and Family History websites. They also link to many other types of websites that may help you such as Military Records, Census and Lists, Court and Legal Records, Cultural and Religious Groups, Family Histories and Genealogies, Key Genealogical Sites, Land and Property Records, Libraries, Migration, Places, Record Keepers, Research Support, Royalty and Nobility, Services and Tools, Surnames and Family Organizations, and Vital Records.

Their actual library is located in Salt Lake City, Utah and they keep a lot of records in an underground location under a mountain there also. Check this out too: http://www.gensocietyofutah.org/

Good Luck.

Source(s): Personal experience...I've been a genealogist since I was a teenager.

You should also start with your own mom. Maybe she remembers a relative of his or an old friend that may be able to point you in the right direction.

If you know their names, it shouldn't be too hard. Ancestry.com has a lot of information like birth certificates, census information, marriage records, etc.

Email me if you want some help.