Did ur spouse change positively with time?

Does marriage get better with time ?

i mean when we get older and mature and have so many anniversaries will the whining, criticizing, bad habits and even bad silly arguments stop ?

Does having children help in that as well ?

Can you please provide with ur answer how long were u married ?

i asked alot of questions lol .. feel free to answer whatever u want to

Favorite Answer

I think that as two people mature and choose to love each other that it will change positively. There is always going to be those silly arguments; however, what I have learned and I am still learning is that you have to pick and choose your battles.I don't think children will help in that in the long run, I think that it will be more complicated.

I've been married for 8 years and over that time period we've both matured. I was married at 24 and the things you did in your youth shouldn't carry over into your adult years. Sometimes we do the silly arguments but we learn to laugh at it, it's not as serious and petty like they were in the beginning. But my husband still whines sometimes but I believe it's out of wanting attention. Overall, our marriage has become better than the start. We had a son right after we were married and it caused a lot of problems because my attention was devoted towards the baby. We were still honeymooners but we had a newborn so that caused a lot of conflict but we worked it out. We just didn't have the time to spend together as newlyweds because we had started a family. 8 years later we are still here!

• Ann

Hi,

Well, mine gets better with time. We just make sure we grow together and not apart. Time goes by fast so we make effort to talk nice to one another, to spend time together and make memories. We make effort to date one another, to keep the magic there and we love knowing each other so well now. We make sure we say please and thank you, telll one another we love each other and to do little stuff like he always brings me coffee to my bedside every morning :)

He and I also make a point NOT TO ARGUE. We walk away, take a breather and talk later if we have to but arguments are hurtful and pointless to us.

We celebrate each anniversary - make a big deal out of it, we are still planning on children and yes, we are maturing for the better!!

We are celebrating our 5th anniversary next month but have been together for 7 years. I am 30, he is 34. The only time we whine is when we are teasing each other and trying to be obnoxious ; )It works :)

I think marriage is what you make it, you can help it grow better with time or some people just let it go.....

In some very important ways, absolutely changed positively with time.

If some other very important ways, degraded over time

Children were the catalyst for all the changes!

It didn't happen over night (took 3-4 years).

Still married, 9 years, married young (21).

For the time being heated arguments are on hold.

Hopefully it will last.

We have always argued about stupid things but not seriously.

• rowan

I controlled to renowned and to extra effective reconcile no longer elementary variations between us at the same time as making some wakeful structural variations to our inter-own courting .... by utilising binding her palms and ft jointly with barbed twine and pushing her off a cliff

We do not play tug of war any more. We silently met in the middle and communication is the best ever. That's after 5 years.

This is so individual. In my case, we have gotten better. Kids are great but as a couple we have gotten better, not just as parents. I think it's all about how much you both put into it and how committed you are and how seriously you take your vows.

It did for me. At first she was just so moody, but as time progressed, she got more comfortable with me, and things got better. We still have our struggles, but we communicate more now, so things are better.

NO, MINE DIDN'T. POSITIVELY??? HE WENT THE OTHER WAY, HE DIDN'T CHANGE FOR THE GOOD, WE DIDN'T GROW TOGETHER, HE HAD ME ARRESTED AND PUT ME IN JAIL STADING THAT I ABUSED HIM, I DEFENDED MYSELF AND WALKED EVERYDAY WITH PAIN IN MY BACK CUZ OF THE ABUSE... SO HE CHANGED FOR THE GOOD??? I HAD TO LEAVE MY HOME AND EVERYTHING I OWNED AND TOOK MY SON AND RAN TO A SAFE PLACE.SO HAS MY HUSBAND CHANGE, YES, HE BECAME THE VICTIM AND I AM THE ABUSER, HE CHANGED HIS ROLE. SO HAS HE CHANGE???