Can I use this restore disc?

I have a gateway 450ROG laptop, and the system restore disc was lost many years ago.

Will a system restore disc from any 450ROG work with my computer as well? or are there different options for each laptop?

Favorite Answer

You should be able to restore from that CD. It will work perfectly fine.

(Sometimes they don;t even need to be the same kind, as long as the brand is the same.)

Oh, and don't forget all the drivers though! They may not be on the restore CD.

Source(s): Part time computer tech. Do this often.

Probably not completely, but it may get you started.

As long as the two laptops are from the same company.

Like, most DELL restore CDs will work on most other DELL computers, but there will be driver issues.

I'm not sure if I understand..

You lost the Restore Disk for your 450ROG, but you want to use the restore CD from your 450ROG. Is it lost or not???

WHAT???

The main thing is this...

IT WON'T HURT ANYTHING TO TRY!

At the very worst, you'll get a message saying that the restore disc is not compatible.

At best, it will load an Operating System so you can go online an find and download the drivers you really need.

If you have another computer available (friend? Library? Work?) you may be able to find drivers for your Network Interface Card to at least get you back online.

Good Luck!

I hope this helps!

Troy Downing

Yes, any should work for the same model.