- ?Lv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
1 c. thin noodles or cooked ice
1/2 to 3/4 lb. round steak, sliced very thin
2 med. onions, cut in thin wedges
2 med. carrots, sliced very thin
1/4 head cabbage, sliced in strips
2 c. fresh or 1 c. canned bean sprouts, drained
2 tbsp. oil
Cook and drain noodles. Slice meat, onions, carrots, and cabbage. Stir fry each a few minutes. Add salt and pepper with each addition. Add noodles last and cook long enough to heat through or serve on top of noodles. Vegetables should be crisp-tender. Pass soy sauce. Serves 4.
- smdinerLv 71 decade ago
1 lb pork loin, sliced thinly (against the grain)
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup rice wine
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
12 ounces Chinese wheat noodles (udon noodles may be substituted)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced thin
1 lb napa cabbage or savoy cabbage, sliced very thin
3 carrots, grated
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
2 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
1. In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice wine, and sugar, stirring to dissolve.
2. Cook noodles in boiling water about 8 minutes, or until tender.
3. Drain noodles and rinse under cold water.
4. In a large deep skillet or wok, cook onion in oil for about 3 minutes.
5. Add the cabbage, carrot and ginger and cook until cabbage is softened, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Add the pork and cook for 2 minutes more.
7. Cover the mixture with noodles and pour the sauce over all.
8. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes, the remove the lid and toss the mixture together until it is well combined.
9. Place on a serving platter and garnish with chopped scallions, if desired.
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon peanut oil
2 tablespoons chile paste
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 onion, sliced lengthwise into eighths
1/2 medium head cabbage, coarsely chopped
2 carrots, coarsely chopped
8 ounces soba noodles, cooked and drained
In a large skillet combine sesame oil, canola oil and chili paste. Stir fry 30 seconds. Add garlic and stir fry an additional 30 seconds. Add chicken and 1/4 cup of the soy sauce and stir fry until chicken is no longer pink. Remove mixture from pan, set aside and keep warm.
In the emptied pan combine the onion, cabbage and carrots. Stir fry until cabbage begins to wilt. Stir in the remaining soy sauce, cooked noodles and the chicken mixture to pan and mix to blend. Serve and enjoy!