Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

How Do I Do It? Help Please (:?

Hey there!

For alittle over a month now, my ex and me have been talking and wanting to get back together.

When we first started talking again he had recently got out of a long term relationship [9 months] and it was kind of a bad one.

So I understood not wanting to rush into anything.

But now I just don't see it going anywhere.

I mean I care for him and I really like him, but I feel like I'm wasting my time.

Here lately I just stay confused about what's going on between us, and I feel like I'm getting used in a way :/

And I think it's best we just stop talking completely, 'cause we've tried being friends in the past and it just gets too complicated.

But I don't know how to tell him.

I tried to tell him a couple times last week, but I always backed down from it 'cause I'm not sure how to start it or what to say. And I don't want to hurt him either.

It's honestly not something I want to do, but I feel like I need to do it before I really get hurt.

So any ideas on what to say and how to say it [without being harsh]?

Thanks soooooooo much!! :D

• Tug

Everybody in a relationship gets hurt at one time of another.

It sounds to me like you don't want to be in that relationship and the best thing you can do, if you're certain, is just let him know. The simplest thing to do is just say "I don't think we should see each other anymore".

If he cries, let him. It's a natural part of the process. And you're gonna feel pain and guilt too; and don't be afraid to cry yourself.

Eventually, you'll both get over it and move on to other people.

Best of luck to you!

- Tug