aeroangel87 asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

What is wrong with my cat?

My cat has tons of scabs and is like losing hair and licking it off. She's not really behaving any differently except she crapped on the living room floor twice this past week. We do have fleas on the other pets but she doesn't really seem to have any??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago

If your other pets have fleas, then so does your cat. This sounds like 1 of 2 things" Hot Spots (due to flea bites, food allergies, or pschological)or Parasitic Disease (fleas or mites). Go to a vet and have them check for fleas and mites.

Jim Kernicky

http://www.fairmountpetservice.com/

• 1 decade ago

After you solve the flea problem, the quality of food you give your cat can make all the difference. After trying tons of different foods by purina, iams, science diet, etc. and my cat having all sorts of problems, I finally gave in and bought the more expensive brands. My cat loves Chicken Soup for the cat lover's soul and it is a high quality food and surprisingly not expensive.

• 1 decade ago

you should take er to the vet, if it's been going on this long, and not improving, its definitly worth looking at. it doesnt sound like fleas, but you never know, its either fleas or something else. good luck

• 1 decade ago

maybe you should get rid of all the fleas! You might not see them but your cat can feel them. The cat might also have some sort of rash.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

ohhhh poor kitty!! is she getting like older or something? sickness comes with age sometims. :(

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.