How do you get over your first love?

I was with my ex boyfriend from age 15 to 18 and we broke up 6 months ago. He was awful towards me at the end and I know he has moved on and I have seen a couple people myself. But I miss everything about him. He is still the first person I think of when I wake up in the morning. When Im shopping I see the clothes that would look cute on him. I stopped talking to him two days after we broke up when he told me he already started dating because I knew it would be too hard to be friends. I dont know what else I can do to stop thinking about him. Help : (

Favorite Answer

I know exactly how you feel! I was with my first love from age 16 to 20. We even got married! However, the longer I was in the relationship with him, the worse he became. No matter how bad he treated me, I still thought of him! I'd walk past something in a store and I'd be like, "Oh, we had that!" Or I'd be thinking something like, "We wanted that!" Even as you said, finding things that you know that guy would like.

I am not going to sugar coat this and say it's going to be alright and that you'll forget him tomorrow! No, that isn't how it works. You'll have days you miss him so much you'll cry yourself to sleep! There will be days you'll feel like you can handle being alone, and then on the other hand there will be things that just trigger your thoughts about him. Nothing out there will take any of that away! Don't turn to alcohol, because it is only a temporary relief and it will cause you to become a drunk. Don't turn to drugs because, well, we all know that its bad! You can go from relationship to relationship trying to get him out of your mind, but that won't work either. Doing that will only cause you to hurt other guys as your ex hurt you.

So, why not take this time to better yourself? Tell yourself you can't do anything but move on and that you deserve better! Start doing things for yourself that will make you hold your head high! During this healing time you need a lot of confidence, and time to find who you really are so you don't get into the same situation again.

Good Luck! :-)

Its so hard to give up your first love..trust me i know! but if he treated you bad towards the end then you should think about that and wonder if you want that to start all over again...honestly try to find someone better that would never treat you like that even if you guys were close to ending the relationship. its hard to be a friend and stand by and watch him date but think and say to yourself..hes out there having a good time dating and you should do the same...never ever let a guy take over your life or make you unhappy...what you need is a man to be by your side and treat you they way you want to be treated not how he wants to treat you..you deserve so much better:)!

It's hard. Really hard. You can't forget a person over night, and the harder you try...well it just does the opposite. Keep yourself busy. Date. Be with friends. Remind yourself that you deserve someone who is going to treat you right.

And keep in mind...You were with him for 3 years...do you really think you're gonna remember him when you're 21? 25? You've got so many years ahead of you to find someone who maybe you'll have a longer and better relationship with. He has moved on and he isn't broken about it, so you shouldn't be either!

Source(s): i am the source :|