is Google good or bad for students?

Is Google a reliable source for research (for student assignments etc). Or would relying on Google for your information be not such a good idea...

Favorite Answer

Google is not a source, it just presents you with a long list of possible sources. It is the student's task to figure out which are good sources and which are not. So, it depends how it is used.

If they use google to copy someone else's work and not do the research than it is the students fault and not google. Google was not around back in the 1970s, 1980s. Times have changed. Students need to advance with technology to survive the new work place. Whatever company they end up working for needs to keep up with the latest technology so their company can survive in todays economy.

If you asked "Is Wikipedia a viable source" I would say Yes. Not 100% accurate 100% of the time but I have never known it to be wrong. I have heard of instances where its sources have been incorrect though.

Google is as good as the site it leads you to. There are other sources from Google than Google web like Google Scholar etc. (click 'more')

GOOGLE is good for students.dont think the information ur collected is

right.discuss the serach results with any other one like u.

Source(s): my experiance

can be good, can be bad, depend on your keywords that u put in,e.g. if your assignment topic is Sun, put in the keyword like Sun, the sun or put in sun wiki, etc... google will give u lot of info, but if u put in wrong keywords, u will not get the result too.

Source(s): my source are come from my knowledge.

google search for sites so google dosnt really affect school work, the sites you look at is what counts. so it is a good resource to use.

Google is the best place:)