Is this JEALOUSY or GUILT? What do you think?

I have been having a casual sexual relationship with someone who is separated for over a year now, but i have a partner (PLEASE save the lectures, I have a genuine question I want to ask) previously he never used to mention my partner but recently he made a comment about oh now your just going to go home and jump into bed with 'my partners name here'. He didn't exactly sound thrilled when he said it, it wasn't in a teasing manner. Anyway my question is do you think he could be saying it out of jealousy, or is it probably just guilt? What do you think?

Also recently he has gone a bit 'cold' and mentions my partner more than he ever has before. Could this be because he is scared of my partner finding out (even though he is already seperated) or do you think it is possible he is jealous or just guilty?

Favorite Answer

It's jealousy.

The longer you have a relationship, the closer you will become and the more feelings become involved. He's beginning to think about the fact that he's sharing you with someone else and he doesn't like it.

Separated is not the same as being divorced. If the guy is still married you are having an affair. Would you be jealous if the married guy was sleeping with his wife? Affairs are selfish and people always get hurt. A relationship without marriage is based on emotions. Emotions can change or fade. The commitment a person makes when they get married doesn't change.

The guy probably feels jealous and guilty. He may feel guilty about having an affair and he's jealous of your other boyfriend.

I think you are hoping he is jealous, because your affair is based on a need to fulfill some kind of feeling he gives to you...if he isn't jealous, then more than likely he is over you and possibly disgusted by your self absorbed outlook. Giving you the cold shoulder isn't the kind of attention you want, so you want us to tell you this guy cares enough about you to be jealous. He doesn't. Stop worrying about how he feels and deal with the way you feel about the "partner" who is wasting his life away on the couch, waiting on you to come home.

Sounds like he's gone cold on you.

I have no doubt that because your cheating on your own man he sees you as a bit loose and is doing the exact same thing to you.

He doesn't feel guilty at all, but if your partner finds out he might feel like a scared rabbit and rightfully so.

• cookie

well if he has been seperated.and he has been messing with you . he most likely is falling for you.maybe he found something in you that his ex never had. he is starting to get jealous and if you tend on staying with your current partner its time to stop messing with this guy. it can get nasty and dangerous. you see the news how people go crazy cuz of love so you need to stop now before he gets more obsessed with you. he can end up hurting you or your partner. i know i lost a best friend this way.she had her man and a thing on the side and at first it was cool but after a few yrs .he wanted her to be with him she tryed to call it off and he shot her her man and than turned the gun on himself. she was only 18 at the time and so was i .im 30 now but never forget her and how she lost herself in a sensless act.

It all depends. If you're closer to your partner than him, he wants your attention.

Everyone wants to be loved. Some want to be loved more.

Its hard dealing with love triangles and quadrangles. But when you are loving multiple sex partners, one of them is bound to feel like the leftovers or relationship prop that keeps the other relationship stronger.

In this case, it seems like he thinks he's not receiving the kind of love that he really happens to be looking for. That is some sort of emotional commitment from you.

i think everyone elses comment is enough so i wont burden u with mine lol but u know what u need to do and the only guilt is what u should be feeling

Just ask him why he cares so much.

• Maria

ah huh

Save the lectures my ***! You know you are wrong....so...the right thing to do is ....make it right!