michael jackson's voice?

in man in the mirror, why does he sound like hes crying or choking in the first verse? then when he says 'thats why i want you to know' he puts alot of emphasis on that line? i like mj and im not making fun of him but i just wondering why he sounds like that in that song.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's just the way the song goes....

in the beginning he's emphasizing the sadness of what's going on in the world which is why he sounds choked up... and when he's saying "Thats why i want you to know" he is saying "Hey! you need to know this! LISTEN!" that's why it's like that...

hope that helps =]

• 1 decade ago

I don't know, he can just do that with his voice. I love it when he does it actually. It sounds so good and it makes the song seem more emotional and sad. He puts so much emotion in each song.

• To me it sounds as if he is saying "Uhn" real quick, in between the lines of the first verse, rather than crying or choking. :)

Source(s): Great song!
  • 1 decade ago

Michael Jackson always backs up his lyrics with real, genuine emotion, which makes his music special. so if he sounds like he's choking up when he's singing, he probably is.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

That's just the way he worked with his voice..

One of very many unique things about him =]

And also a good song =]

• 1 decade ago

he just gets really into the song. he does that in most songs and kind of adds some words that dont really make sense, but thats just what makes him so amazing :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He was feeling it. His voice was just another amazingly great thing about him.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he cares about the starving kids... he had a good heart.

• 1 decade ago

don't be jealous cause you can't do the same. HAHA! JK.

• lo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

idk, but i think it sounds better that way. i LOVE his voice in that song, he songs it amazingly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.