Tattoos on the top of your foot?

I want one soooo bad but I heard its one of the most painful place anyone have a foot tattoo and if so did it really hurt that badly?

Favorite Answer

I have a tiger lily that takes up more than half of the top of my foot. At first, during the outline it was completely tolerable..but once it had been scraped at for an hour or so, my skin became raw, so everything (the color and shading) after that was bound to be hell.

I'm going to be honest with you, it does hurt. Very badly. But if its something you feel strongly about and want there for the rest of your life, you have to ask yourself..is this hour or two of pain worth the joy I'm going to have looking at it for the rest of my life?

Never let the temporary pain of something sway you.

I would advise you not to get anything that wraps around the side part of your foot (where shoes tend to rub) because all that friction thats gone on there has caused my tattoo to fade to the point where you can barely see it and my boyfriend (who is a different BETTER tattoo artist) has to fix it.

I say get it though girl. You'll be glad you did. I'd do it all over in a heartbeat.

Source(s): I have tattoos myself.

It is a painful place to get a tattoo, mostly because the foot has less skin than other parts. I have a rather large tattoo on my right foot, and I cursed my tattooist quite a bit and threatened her life. However, the worst part was her tattooing on the bone of my ankle and other bones... I love my tattoo, though and think it was definitely worth the pain.

Like with any tattoo, put thought into it to be sure you want to keep it forever. And another downside is that you cannot cover the area for a couple weeks (no socks, no shoes unless they do not touch the tattoo... even flip flops can be bad depending on placement) so it's a bit bothersome. Otherwise, I'd say it's a great investment if you truly want it. The pain's worth the beauty.

Source(s): Experience
  • JPito

When it comes to tattoos and pain, it varies from person to person since everyone's tolerance for pain is different. But yeah, as far as I know pretty much everyone agrees that the feet are one of the most painful places to get tattooed. :-)

However, I'm positive it's not horribly unbearable or anything. And if you've put a lot of thought into it and really do want a tattoo on your foot, then the pain shouldn't even really matter. All tattoos hurt, doesn't matter where you get it, but the end result - beautiful, meaningful art - is totally worth it.

Source(s): one tattoo and going back for more

Yes it is painful, but looks nice. Just be careful at first, because if you dont take care of it it will mess up, and you will need touch ups. that is the worst problem with it. Tattoos are going to hurt

I have had both feet done. Out of all 11 tattoos I have had the one that was most painful was on my panty line.

i want one also but i heard the same thing.

and yeah its gunna be painful cuz there is no muscle on your feet, its just skin and bone.

Counting on the design and how big or small it is you should be fine.