Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Do guys like girls who play hard to get? (18)?

It seems like a lot of guys like a chase. I'm not that experienced with guys, I'm 18 and about to be a freshman in college, so at that age, what are some ways I could play hard to get? I don't want to act too desperate for a guy, so what are some ways I can play hard to get but not too hard to get if you know what I mean- like mind games? :P

Favorite Answer

guys hate mind games. if he says something sweet your mind instantly goes "awwhhh! i think you're REALLY cute too" what you say back to him is "thanks that was nice of you" dont always be avaliable. and if you're texting, be short. dont be all smiley faces in your messages. just keep your replies short and he'll think you're busy or something. which makes him curious about your life and what you could be doing. just keep your cool.

Source(s): playing it right now ;)

First of all mind games are never a good way to start off a relationship because it could result in a higher scenario of you or the guy getting hurt. Let these guys know you wanna be cool and have fun. Be very careful about being a tease so that rape is not a factor. Sorry to be so scary but its serious. If you wanna play a game you have to know the rules and the consequences of actions, right.

o/s

Just be you and show your silly side. If you like a guy don't sleep with him with in the first two months and never have friends with benefits, or sleep with "just a friend"s. You should be very cautious not to make out heavily at an early part of the relationship or with many men so you are not labeled a hoe. Being a tease or playing hard to get can be hard because you will hear many sides of the story from both men and women- whether good or bad.

My advice is to be careful and try to be fun and have fun away from sex. That makes a guy want you more and for longer term.

Some guys do and some guys don't. I promise that there is no universal type that all men love (except perhaps Meghan Fox). My first college bf I got by playing hard to get. He turned out to be a jerk. I grew up a bit after that relationship and started to be more straightforward. It might not be as easy to get a guy when you are honest and don't play mind games, but you get better guys (in my experience). If you really want to play hard to get, though, I would suggest that you flirt enough to intrigue but not confirm that you are attracted to the guy. Depending on the guy though it might just make him frustrated. In my experience it really is better to be honest, although still very cute and flirty. Good luck!

• Jaime

It really is a good thing that you havent had one yet. My husband was that way. He was shy, quiet skinny kid. He didnt get any action from girls. It made him feel that something was wrong with him. But, baby boy, let me tell you. The guys who get all those girls are mostly creeps. They go thru a lot of drama and end up being somebody's baby daddy. My husband on the other hand is a Prince Charming. He is grown up now, and so handsome. I think men get better looking with age anyway. Don't worry about a thing. The right girl will come along and be so glad that you don't have all of that baggage of exes.

No mind games. NEVER. Lots of guys like straitforwardness. It's a nice change from girls who play mind games.

Just flirt- talk about stuff with guys, hang out with them....

I think instead of 'hard to get,' you should play "not desperate." Basically, don't text a guy 100 times a day, don't get his cell number for someone else and then call it, don't be clingy or make him feel obligated to hang out with you, etc. (Simple stuff, but some girls are CRAZY.)

Good luck!

No they do not. That's a female myth invented by grandmothers who didn't want their granddaughters to chase boys. Hard to get...for crying out loud! Guys are linear beings, literal to an extent. What you say is playing hard to get is usually interpreted by guys to mean that you are not interested....so don't play these silly games. Be yourself. If that's not good enough, then the guy isn't worth it.

Guys love a girl who is hard to get! I think it makes them want you more or something. Anyways the best way to play hard to get is just by acting like you have a boyfriend! You dont have to tell anyone you have a boyfriend because then they may back off but the act of unavailability is the best. If a guy wants to take you on a date cancel like two times on him dont answer the phone everytime he calls dont do it too often because he may think you're not interested but just enought to keep him coming back for more... Flirt with them but not too much and when they say crazy stuff like they want to be with you or whatever just brush it off like its nothing! i wish i could tell you more... ima pro at playing hard to get but it comes natural because i have a boyfriend so it makes it easier! lol

Guys are all about the chase. If you like a guy don't be all over him. Flirt with him and let him come to you. You don't want to play mind games though. The idea is to get yourself to stand out. If he asks you out tell him you can't but maybe another time. Don't make yourself overly available.

Just don't make sex or being sexy your priority. The idea of playing hard to get kind of disappears when you get older. There's absolutely nothing wrong with dating and meeting guys. Just don't make jumping into bed your priority with every guy you date. You don't have to make a point that you won't put out, either. Don't think about what people think of your dating status (prude, slut, etc.); just forget those labels and be yourself.

well play hard to get i have played hard to get all the time and it always work i never settle down for the easy and guys love girls who are not every were when i say every were i mean like crazy and easy.so yes play hard to get you would see all the guys in back of you,i promise.!

Well if they like you they will talk to you so let them talk to you first, but when they do, don't ignor then talk to them like you like them . But always let them come up to you and start the conversation but don't play this card for to long , becasue the guy will eventually get annoyed and move on.