Is the navy a good place to join my sister really wants to go also will she be stuck on that boat all thee?

Time

Best Answer

I would suggest she join the Airforce. They have a higher standard of everything. I was stuck on the boat for my entire enlistment. That was like volunteering to be placed in a corrections system. Even the blues looked like a prison uniform. All you would need to do is replace navy with numbers. We even ate the same food as convicts. I'm sure as hell glad to be out. Did my four and it will be the last four with the navy. They have a good nuke program, seals are always a plus and that's about it. She will have a better education, training, and living standards with the air force. It's close to impossible to get in once you enlist in a branch. AF hates prior service. I settled for the army and it's been pretty good actually. Told my wife I made a big mistake going in the navy and had her join the AF. They have the highest retention rate for a reason.

No not if she does n't want to spend time on the water. Its a lot of time at sea. I think she would like the Air Force and I think the Navy would be pretty rough being stuck on a ship tight living quarters, community showers and not being able to leave work once your shift is over. The AF has the lowest cutoff age for a reason because its a good work environment and high retention. Its the easiest branch to adjust to and a lot of people end up doing 20yrs.

She should check out her options. Navy has some good training just too close for comfort for me. The AF has the most choices careerwise that crossover to the civilian world. I think a lot of people regret going Navy because of sea duty and in the AF that won't be a factor.

I worked 18 hour days on a ship and when I wasn't doing my job I was cleaning toilets, swabbing decks, pushing brooms over and over 7 days a week. Sleeping in a room with 50 - 100 other people. If you are E-4 or below this will be your life. Good chance she will be stuck on a boat. Awesome feeling underway? Yeah Right!

It depends on her specific job, but ships are large and require most kinds of jobs to run properly. Medical, clerical, mechanical, etc are all needed. My Dad was a mineman for 27 years and was never stationed on a ship, but that's really rare. She should expect to spend a decent amount of time on a ship, so if that's not what she wants another branch may be better suited for her.

No, not all the time, but a lot of the time. If she doesn't want to be on a ship for many months at a time, I would recommend she join another branch of service.

• ?

Some navy people never deploy...

I did, when I was in.... it was kinda nice to escape life for a while...and just read novels...

• ?

You know, some people really enjoy being underway. Until you've experienced it, you can never understand how awesome the feeling is.

. ? , Maybe you can use these next time you ask a question.