bustabinary asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

pittsburgh pirates tickets at the gate?

me and a few friends (about 6 of us) are thinking about going to a pirates game tomorrow (8/4/09, a tuesday at 7:05 pm against arizona). however, we don't have any tickets. what are the chances we could buy tickets at the gate for the cheapest price and get them all together?

thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Well, I'm a Pirates fan and I have been to PNC Park many times. You can pretty much walk up to the gate before tonight's game and buy tickets, that won't be a problem. You can sit way up in nosebleed heaven (sections 301-303 and 329-333) for $9 per seat, which is dirt cheap. You can also sit in the Left/Right Field Grandstands (sections 305-308 and 325-328) for $12 per seat or you can sit in the Bleacher Reserved section (sections 133-138) for $14 per seat.

All of these are pretty good deals and I am sure you could get 6 tickets all next to each other in any of the sections I mentioned. But I would bet your best chance of getting 6 in a row would be way up in nosebleed heaven, in sections 301-303 and 329-333.

I would just make sure you get there around 6 PM so you have an hour to buy tickets, get to your seats, and get something to eat (if you are hungry).

Have fun and enjoy the game tonight!

Source(s): Pirates fan.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You could sit in the grandstand section for about ten bucks a pop. Good seats. As for availability, its uncommon that the tickets will sell out, but check online before you go out to PNC. If they sell out, I recommend stubhub.com. You can buy tickets from other fans there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.