bustabinary asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

pittsburgh pirates tickets at the gate?

me and a few friends (about 6 of us) are thinking about going to a pirates game tomorrow (8/4/09, a tuesday at 7:05 pm against arizona). however, we don't have any tickets. what are the chances we could buy tickets at the gate for the cheapest price and get them all together?

thanks!

Best Answer

Well, I'm a Pirates fan and I have been to PNC Park many times. You can pretty much walk up to the gate before tonight's game and buy tickets, that won't be a problem. You can sit way up in nosebleed heaven (sections 301-303 and 329-333) for $9 per seat, which is dirt cheap. You can also sit in the Left/Right Field Grandstands (sections 305-308 and 325-328) for $12 per seat or you can sit in the Bleacher Reserved section (sections 133-138) for $14 per seat.

All of these are pretty good deals and I am sure you could get 6 tickets all next to each other in any of the sections I mentioned. But I would bet your best chance of getting 6 in a row would be way up in nosebleed heaven, in sections 301-303 and 329-333.

I would just make sure you get there around 6 PM so you have an hour to buy tickets, get to your seats, and get something to eat (if you are hungry).

Have fun and enjoy the game tonight!

Source(s): Pirates fan.

You could sit in the grandstand section for about ten bucks a pop. Good seats. As for availability, its uncommon that the tickets will sell out, but check online before you go out to PNC. If they sell out, I recommend stubhub.com. You can buy tickets from other fans there.