Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionSoap Operas · 1 decade ago

Y & R - The new "direction" of the show?

Are there any longtime fans of The Young and The Restless that are as upset about the direction the show has been going and seems to be continuing on as I am?

This whole Mary Jane thing is bizarre..

The way they are writing Adam is just out of control..

Nick and Phyllis and Jack and Sharon..enough already with the Paternity secrets and people sleeping with exes

Ashley is becoming annoying as well. We've already been down the "Ashley having a breakdown" road.

And bringing Phillip back after he's been dead 20 years was just dumb. His acting skills have certainly taken a dive because when he's on screen it's like he's a robot or something.

What's going on in the heads of Y&R's writers now?

• Malika
    Favorite Answer

i'm glad you said this because i asked a similar question a while back. i totally agree with you. the mary jane thing is down right stupid. i'd like her character more if she wasn't so over the top. what happened to the realistic storylines? adam is so sloppy in what he's doing, how on earth has he managed to fly under the radar of someone as smart and powerful as victor? ashley is just irritating now. adam's been doing this all summer so its really played out.

i don't remember phillip from being on the show originally, but i really find that he and nina have no purpose in the storyline anymore. i used to be bummed if i missed y&r, but now i just switch back and forth between this and desperate housewives on lifetime.

and i'm just now hearing about the possiblity of jack and victor being brothers, but that's just like the jill and catherine mess. jesus can't the writers be creative anymore.

The new direction of the show is just lame! I have been taking a break from watching it every week and so far it all has been the same every week! I agree the Mary Jane thing is just CRAZY!!!! I think the whole show is becoming lame. Phillip thing I still dont understand!!!! ITs all just dumb. I will not watch it for a week and see how things have NOT changed!!

The story line with Jack and Victor turning out to be brothers well if that's true its going to be some surprise the Adam story line is just to long!

• ~FROG~

I'm glad Phillip is Back On, he's doing FINE!

It is all leading up to a Big Story Line for OCTOBER, Jack & Victor are proven to be BROTHERS, SAME MOTHER... now it all MAKES SENSE!!!!

• mercs

[SaG.]NorrisStar - I have to agree with your assessment!

Writers are really starting to let us down!

I was just answering another question and said that they better get their (the writers) act together or I will be taking a hiatus from Y&R!

And

ROTFL about your Phillip comment! Totally agree - and what is up with his greasy hair?

I really dont like phillip, or the way he talks. I agree, the story line is really getting awful. Wish something would work for the show

• Lydia

I'm a longtime watcher and it's crazy what's going on with the storylines.

However, this tends to happen during the summertime - hopefully they will smarten up in the fall.

I agree 100%, but it will be worth it if Jack and Victor really do turn out to be brothers...hold on to your hats! (mary jane can go anytime now)

• ~dd~

I don't like the Mary Jane story. Especially that she is going to kill Zapato.

I think it's just that our tolerance level is getting thin. I was annoyed from back when John Abbott died but they brought him back as a "conscience" ghost and as a bum named Allister!! Why bother to kill him off then!