Which middle name do you like best?

My husband and I are 100% set on using the name Blair for a little girl. We're just not sure whether we want to spell it Blair or Blaire. (He likes it with the E better, and I go back and forth leaning toward leaving the E out.) Our trouble is with the middle name though. There are two names that we really love, and we're not sure which to pick, or if we should just use both. I thought it would be helpful to get some outside opinions. Which do you like best? (I am typing them in no particular order.)

Blair Katherine C*****

Blair Elizabeth C*****

Blair Katherine Elizabeth C*****

Please also include whether you like Blair of Blaire best!

If you like both names used together, do you think they should stay separate or be hyphenated? (Katherine Elizabeth vs. Katherine-Elizabeth) We're not Catholic, and I am afraid that if we choose to use both names that it will sound like one is a confirmation name. (My mom thinks the hyphen will prevent people from making that assumption.)

Additional Info: Katherine is the name of my great-grandmother who is no longer with us, and the middle name of my husband's grandmother. Elizabeth is my sister's middle name, and my husband's sister first name.

Sorry for being so wordy, and thanks for the help!!

My last name is a hard C, if that helps any!

• Favorite Answer

I definitley like Blaire over Blair. Blair doesn't look complete, like you mispelled your own name when you right it down, like you forgot to put in the last letter. If that makes sense. Blaire is more visually appealing, and looks complete. Blaire is the more common spelling, and other people would almost always spell it that way, so if you used Blair, it would get mispelled a lot, and that can be annoying having to tell people how to spell your name.

Blaire Katherine sounds better to me, but Blaire Elizabeth is nice also. I wouldn't use both. It would be very long if you did, and I personally don't think they sound as pretty together. If you did use both, don't use the hyphen. The Hyphen would ruin it, in my opinion. So I would go for Blaire Katherine.

Good Luck!

EDIT: I'm not sure how the C in your last name would be pronounced, but if it is a hard C (sounds like a K), like in Katherine, I wouldn't use Katherine, that would be too many K sounds at the beginnings. If it is an S sound (like in cereal), Katherine sounds best. If it is a K sound (like in Can or Catherine), Elizabeth sounds better. So, I would use whichever sounds better with the last name. I hope that made sense to you.

Blair Elizabeth

Definately Blair Katherine.

Blair Elizabeth

• I would go with Blair Katherine Elizabeth, Blair spelt that way and the middle names not hyphenated

• Misty

I like Blaire with an "e."

I like Katherine Elizabeth best, and I don't think anyone will mistake if or a confirmation name since most people never use their confirmation names out loud or on paper.

Blair Elizabeth. I do prefer the spelling Blaire but with Elizabeth as the middle name it seems like too many "e"'s all together.

I like Blair Elizabeth best. It flows together really nicely. I also really like the name Blair. Good name choice!

Katherine

Source(s): *

I think Blaire Katherine is beautiful!