Pork Tenderloin Time/Temp?

How long and on what temperature should you cook a 1/2 lb pork tenderloin? I know that's small but its just me so thats all I need.

Favorite Answer

Cook it at 350, around 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness.

Sprinkle it with salt/pepper to taste, any other spices that you like.

Put a thin layer of olive oil in a skillet and heat to medium-high heat. Place the tenderloin in the pan and sear each side for 2-3 minutes each.

Now take the tenderloin out with tongs and place on a sheet of heavy-duty foil. Fold over the tenderloin and then bring in the ends, and fold the rest of the foil around it.

Now place in a pan (preferably with sides, in case it leaks) and cook for 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees. Pork is done when the internal temperature is 180 degrees.

Take it out of the oven and let it 'rest' in the foil for about 10 minutes to let juices settle inside the meat.

Now you can use the juice in the foil packet to make a gravy, either with flour or a gravy packet from the store.

Cut the pork into 1/2 medallions. Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes and drizzle gravy over it.

Now I'm hungry!

Didn't the package have cooking instructions on it?

I put all roasting meats in roasting pan with a little water, and cook them at 350 F about 20 to 25 minutes per pound covered tightly if thawed and less than 5 pounds total.

Broiling a single serving size piece of meat, I cook it 10 minutes on each side for medium. Broiling temperature is 450F and about 2 inches under the heat source.