How can I get rid of bug bite bumps on my horse?

She has got a bunch of little bumps all along her stomach... normally I would just leave it and put some natural fly spray over top of it to prevent more from coming up... but, I have a show this weekend! Is there anything I can do?

Favorite Answer

Just spray her and the bumps will go down by this weekend... unless you aren't faithful with spraying and the bugs continue to bite her.

My horse use to have bumps all over his chest with bug bites but i got bug spray from my local tack shop. This brand you can find in any tack shop. It is in a yellow container. I think it is called pirhana 2 in roman numerals. Sorry if the name is wrong.It is a spray and you dont have to wash yor horse or use tons of spray. The bumps went a way in about 2 days.

Source(s): bugs like my horse
  • Amy S

I agree - fly spray and they will go away by the weekend.

To get rid of the bumps now, put aloe on them. They'll be gone by tomorrow

There's also a product called ArnaKare. The arnica in it is made to reduce swelling. It will get rid of bug bites.

But really, they're bug bites. They will go away by themselves.

• sazzy

Plenty of fly spray and a fly rug if you can get hold of one to stop the flies getting onto it.

Aloe vera gel is a miracle worker for bites and scratches, and also put barrier cream on to try and help it to get sorted faster. They should have gone down enough by this weekend, so long as she doesn't get any more.

It's your body's natural reaction to the saliva that the bitting insect injected into you. Like when you get a cold and you feel all the symptoms its your body fighting off a virus. Same for insect bites even if you don't feel the itch your body still is fighting the saliva. So wait it out there isn't anything you can do. Next time resist scratching that adds bacteria. And use some anti itch insect bite cream that also reduces swelling when it starts.

• I use natural spray too, but if she has bumps she is probably little allergic to fly bites. Use Parana fly spray. It works really well.

Source(s): personal experience.

if you give you horse grain than use the opportunity to put some viniger in it. it might smell bad but it will keep the bugs away

buy some stuff called whitch hasel from your local stack shop or an online company

Source(s): need help? want sugestions? wanna chat? talk to me! email me! souvenircamille@yahoo.com

Essential oils. If these don't work, nothing will! WWW.younivingoils.com

spray bug spray on her...duh