Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesSan Francisco · 1 decade ago

Taking a trip to San Francisco, Need Help!!?

My wife and I are taking a trip to Frisco to see a 49er game. We want to know where to stay the night since its a night game. We would like to be close to The wharf, and maybe take some mass transit to and from the ball park. I really don't want to be driving around the city. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Refer to link below on Muni service to Candlestick Park. I just want to point out that if you take the T line and the shuttle to Candlestick Park that that area is not the best neighborhood. If you end up staying at the Wharf then it might be better to take the 77X. You can call Muni when you get to SF by dialing 311.

There's a ton of places at the Wharf. My good friend works for the Sheraton Hotel so I'll recommend it since I've been there and it just underwent a remodelling.

Try the Courtyard by Marriott on Fishermans, its a nice hotel, but not incredibly expensive. Also a street car stop is right next the the Hotel along with the Hyde-Powell cable car. However, the one drawback to staying on the wharf is that it is more tourist aimed so food will coast more. I would recommend climbing one of the hills to find a more local restaurant.

Also, you'll be near the Ghirardelli's factory, which has the best hot fudge Sundays ever.

Wharf is not close to the game, the airport is closer and I believe there's a shuttle to the park.

you can google it,

places by the wharf would probably be more expensive.

you can take trolleys around, but it wont take you to the ball park.

china town