What are good topics for teens to talk about to teens at at christian youth group?

We try to get the kids at the youth group to give the sermons but we are not sure of good topics! Any Ideas out there that are appropriate? Please be respectful!

• Jeremy
    Favorite Answer

Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you

I really like the Sermon on the Mount, the Beatitudes. I find that that leads to good discussions of who is in what groups. Service based work really helps. Teens learn by action, not discussion. Give them some experiences of service. Go work at a soup kitchen and before and after discuss the passage where Jesus talks about when he came to the door as a stranger, and you fed him and clothed him. Then, you can have the kids give a group sermon, each reading a paragraph about that experience.

You can also have them write a play together, or act out a passage.

My kids, when I ran a YG, loved the Truman Show, and then could talk about how God actually works for hours, and where was God in that, and how the director SEEMED like God, but wasn't.

But really, kids will come to know God and feel God's love by being instruments of God's love. Give them opportunities to serve and then talk about it. That;s all you have to do. And it's great.

Also, best game ever- really builds group cohesiveness. Sardines. It's like hide and go seek, but one person hides, and when you find them, you have to hide with them. Nothing loosens kids up more and makes them less shy than having 8 stuffed in a closet together giggling as they try to stay quiet. Also, it's very non competitive.

• John 15:1-7

You should talk about sex, just because I'm saying sex, doesn't mean that I'm being disrespectful. You have youth leaders for a reason. This is the most complicated teen issue and the most detrimental when ignored.

Of course being youth group the main focus will and should be abstinence. In an ideal world that would be the only topic for discussion. Unfortunately we are not living in an ideal world ... protection needs to be the biggest. The reality of the times now is that unprotected sex, just once can KILL you. I believe there's a purity ring, nice concept.

Look up the sermon "Hell's Best Kept Secret" by Ray Comfort, and you should get some good material to use.

Satan

Sodomy

Rape

Pillaging

Teen Pregnancy

Abortion

Gay Marriage

The Theory of Evolution

Start by just being around your friend. Then just start to speak out. Little at a time. The more you do the more comfortable you will be. Kinda finny isn't it, you invite her and now your ashamed that she liked it and has embraced it? You do need to ask God's forgiveness for being ashamed of Him. Because that is what it all boils down to. The bible says if you are ashamed of me before men, I will be ashamed of you before the Father. Is that what you want?

Listen to them first. Ask them what affects them today. If you want to keep them talking, let them do the talking and you'll find you won't lose them. You can be ready with God's word for strength but don't "preach" to them. Kids do open up if we learn how to listen better :)

• ?

I would go with the temptaion of Christ.

To show them how Jesus faced temptations.

Temptations are big in their life right now.

I would also focus on David...before He became King

Not altering his morals for expediency

• LP S

Mark 13

Luke 21

Matthew 24

Very good topic for young people...