what to when dad overbearing?

I recently got out of a 8 year marriage and decided to let my parents move in with me and now my dad trys to control my life everything i do for him is never enough i am 25 years old have children and live in my own place it seems like he dont want me to move on with my life because everytime i tell him he need to move he gets mad at me and says bad things about me i dont want to be around him any more because he is so negative beside he is not helping me that much he dosent have a place to stay or transportion he uses mine car and truck

Favorite Answer

tell dad he has 2 weeks to find his own place. explain that you and your children need your own space and you appreciate his and moms help, but its time for you to move forward. he'll probably be mad at you no matter what you say, but there's nothing you can do about it. just offer your help by helping them pack and finding a place to live. Its not doing any good for your children if you continue to allow them to live with you and let your dad treat you this way. just try to be calm and gracious about it all so you can be a good example to your kids.