How do I fix scratches on a cement floor?

Someone used a rock to scratch a curse word on my cement porch. The scratches don't look very deep. Thank you.

• Honey
    Favorite Answer

If the concrete surface is fairly smooth, I would use a product called Thinset applied with a trowel, dried then painted.

If the concrete surface is rough, you will probably have to plaster the whole area with stucco mixture available from Lowes, etc. not a big job if the area isn't too large.

As an alternative, you might try to paint out the obscenity by applying a thick paint with a thick, fluffy roller. When the paint is tacky, roll again with a dry fluffy roller that will create a random pattern to conceal the "artwork".

Good luck.

• tex k

You could use a leveling compound on the floor .Available from most builders merchants.It is a powder mixed with water that is poured on a floor it is usually so liquid that it is self leveling and needs minimal work to achieve a smooth finish.It should bond to a concrete floor no problem.Patching concrete or trying to fill them never works because you can never get a perfect color match or a seamless join.

Find the little punks that scratched in the words.

Then have them take a little fine sand paper to the scratches to get them up. If the cement has been sealed, then you'll need to reseal it.

• bob w

I use Rocktite for small patches. It stays where you put it. Tex up there was right. Nothing is going to match. If you paint your porch no problem.

they sell cement patch