How do I fix scratches on a cement floor?

Someone used a rock to scratch a curse word on my cement porch. The scratches don't look very deep. Thank you.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Honey
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If the concrete surface is fairly smooth, I would use a product called Thinset applied with a trowel, dried then painted.

If the concrete surface is rough, you will probably have to plaster the whole area with stucco mixture available from Lowes, etc. not a big job if the area isn't too large.

As an alternative, you might try to paint out the obscenity by applying a thick paint with a thick, fluffy roller. When the paint is tacky, roll again with a dry fluffy roller that will create a random pattern to conceal the "artwork".

Good luck.

• tex k
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You could use a leveling compound on the floor .Available from most builders merchants.It is a powder mixed with water that is poured on a floor it is usually so liquid that it is self leveling and needs minimal work to achieve a smooth finish.It should bond to a concrete floor no problem.Patching concrete or trying to fill them never works because you can never get a perfect color match or a seamless join.

• 1 decade ago

Find the little punks that scratched in the words.

Then have them take a little fine sand paper to the scratches to get them up. If the cement has been sealed, then you'll need to reseal it.

• bob w
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I use Rocktite for small patches. It stays where you put it. Tex up there was right. Nothing is going to match. If you paint your porch no problem.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

they sell cement patch

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.