Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 1 decade ago

I am going to make candles and sell them at Sat. markets and our local town store, what do I need to do?

As far as a permit or license? I do want to name my business too. Please help. Racking my brains wondering.

1 Answer

  • Tori
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Research your state and local laws to see what you will need for permits and licensing. Be sure to get business liability insurance in case one of your candles starts a fire.

    It would probably be a lot easier and more profitable to become a distributor for an existing candle company. They should have the liability insurance and manufacturing permits so all you would need is a business license.

    They will also have marketing materials and training to help you learn how to build your business. Later you can decide whether or not to make your own candles after you know more about the business.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.