Taking a semester off work for school but want to know if there is a way to earn money?

I decided to take a semester off work (I do workstudy) because of horrible grades. However, I started to feel very guilty and depressed because most of my fellow schoolmates cope fine with school and work or others would normally take a semester off school to work, yet I'm doing the opposite. Therefore, I just wanted to know if there is an easy way for me to earn money while not taking too much time away from studying? I already have very limited hours for studying since I commute to school so I'm finding it very hard to work a steady schedule...

Favorite Answer

I'm a research assistant at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and we run online studies that are paid!

You'll get $20-50 gift cards to major retailers or $10/hour depending on the study length, and this can be easily done at your computer in your spare time.

Sign up at: https://kellogg-elab.sona-systems.com/ for notifications of upcoming studies.

Good luck!

Source(s): My job and school (:

I'm from Britain so not too sure how long a semester is however I'd assume its at least a few months... If you lack the motivation to go to college, but have already been going there a while I'd stay on till your course is over. If your course is moving onto say a higher level then perhaps take a while of to get a better understanding of work and perhaps you may prefer college and go back motivated. There is the risk however that you prefer work and never go back to college and finish your course, can you gamble on that chance?

First of all, do not feel guilty! Your grades are very important and you're making a decision to improve them, why would you feel guilty about that? I think it's admirable that you're not just giving up and taking responsibility.

As for making money, try side jobs such as tutoring or babysitting that only require a few hours a week and still offer a decent amount of cash. You could also possibly try to find a job on campus. They understand the importance of your your studies and will try to work with you to assure you're not in over your head.

You have to understand, however, that if you're used to working a sizable number of hours per week, you might have difficulty getting by with less money than usual. Try to cut out excess spending. Frugality will become key.

Now, as for your grades. Don't be afraid to enlist the help of a tutor. Most universities offer free tutoring so why not take advantage of it?!

GOOD LUCK!

Maybe u can work on the weekends at a job thats near u. Or u can schedule all your classes in the morning and still have work study or a job off campus.

Source(s): im a college student